"...internships provide you with an opportunity to learn in a real work environment with professionals in your field...In general, you'll be better prepared to enter the world of work and your field." (NACE)
Looking for an Internship? Stay focused and organized with our Internship Checklist.
Doing a Field Experience or Internship for credit this fall? Follow these two steps:
- Meet with your Faculty Advisor
- Complete the Field Experience (Internship for Credit) contract on Bruin Careers. See the instructions below or come and talk to us in the IDEA Center located on First Floor Stevens.
Definition of Internship
"An internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent." - National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE)
All About Internships
- University Guidelines: Completing an internship for credit or field experience? Find out all the guidelines necessary so you can find the internship that works best for what you need.
- Interested in Interning Abroad? Child Family Health International (CFHI) provides more than 25 Global Health Education Programs in 7 countries. *Scholarships are available.
- Internship Links: If you are unsure where to start in your search, browse through this list of links to discover potential internships.
- "Tips to landing your next internship": This resource offers tactics from buying business cards to networking at Chamber of Commerce events; helping to expand our ideas of internship search strategies.
- Top Intern Employers (Collegegrad.com annual list): This is another great internship search resource available to you.