"...internships provide you with an opportunity to learn in a real work environment with professionals in your field...you'll be able to develop key competencies, skills, and work characteristics that employers seek… You'll also have a better understanding of what people in your field do, gain more confidence in your abilities, and learn how to get things done. In general, you'll be better prepared to enter the world of work and your field." (NACE)
Doing an internship for credit this fall? Follow these two steps.
- Meet with your Faculty Advisor
- Complete the Field Experience (Internship for credit) contract on Bruin Careers. See the instructions below or come and talk to us in the IDEA Center located on First Floor Stevens.
Definition of Internship
"An internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent." - National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE)
All About Internships
- University Guidelines
Doing an internship for credit or field experience? Find out all the guidelines necessary so you can find the internship that works best for what you need.
- Internship Links
If you are unsure where to start in your search, you can visit our links to discover potential internships.
- Find the Right Internship For You: This resource offers tactics from buying business cards, to networking at Chamber of Commerce events that help anyone regardless of connections find a great internship.
- Career Center Jobs –Portland/Metro Internship Search
This is a direct connection to a great internship search engine.
- Top Intern Employers (Collegegrad.com annual list)
This is another great internship search resource available to you.