Seminary Financial Aid Information
At George Fox Evangelical Seminary (GFES), we know that choosing a seminary involves many different factors including cost. While financial limitations often prevent students from attending the school of their choice, many students don't explore the financial aid possibilities available to them. That's why we want to provide students with all the information we can to help them make the right decision.
Students interested in funds based on need are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Financial need is determined by a uniform method of analysis of information the student provides on the FAFSA. The need analysis helps the university determine the contribution the student is expected to make. The difference between the expected family contribution (EFC) and the cost of attendance at the university is the "need" that financial aid attempts to fill.
The primary financial aid options for seminary students are:
Our personal commitment extends to our "financial aid mission" as well. Not only will we do everything possible to help make it financially affordable for a student to enroll at GFES, we are devoted to making it possible for students to finish their degree here. We endeavor to support our mission in the following ways:
- by providing students with services that facilitate their educational experience in a manner reflective of the University's values
- by doing what we can to help ease students' transition into seminary life
- by providing excellence in customer service
- by being Christ-minded and treating others with love, dignity, and respect
- by providing information that is accurate and honest
We are committed to serving all of our students as Jesus would, by helping them grow to be their very best as we build relationships with love, concern, compassion, and good stewardship.