Frequently Asked Questions
Student Account Questions1. How do I know how much my bill is going to be? 2. How can a payment be made on a student’s account? What methods are accepted? We accept payments online, in person, and by mail. No payments are accepted over the phone. 3. Can student employment earnings be used to pay off my account balance? 4. What payment plan options are available? 5. When are payments due? 6. Can anyone make a payment on a student’s account? 7. Who can a student’s account be discussed with? 8. What is the Traditional Undergraduate Payment Agreement? 9. What is the Title IV Financial Aid Permission?
Student Account Questions
- Prior to actual charges and financial aid going on your account (mid-July for Fall semester, first week of January for Spring semester, as available for Summer), there are a couple tools you can use to estimate your costs and expenses.
- Undergraduate Students: Go to the Payment Estimator
- Graduate and ADP Students: Select the Tuition and Fees page for your respective program
- Find the cost per credit hour and multiply it by the number of credits you will be taking
- Add in Student Body, Health/Counseling, Graduation, and other applicable fees
- Subtract anticipated financial aid
Once charges have been posted, all students can sign into their MyGFU account at mygfu.georgefox.edu to see actual and updated financial information.
We accept payments online, in person, and by mail.
E-check or credit/debit card payments are accepted. There is no fee for paying by e-check. Payments by credit or debit card are assessed a 2.75% web servicing fee at the time of payment. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Students can make a payment by following the steps here.
- Students can authorize a parent or third party to make payments on their accounts by following the steps here.
- Authorized Users can pay here.
- If you are receiving an error message when making a payment, please see the note on the Make a Payment page.
Cash, checks and money orders are accepted at the Newberg and Portland campuses.
Mail payments to George Fox University, Attn: Student Accounts, 414 N Meridian St #6129, Newberg, OR 97132.
No payments are accepted over the phone.
Yes, students have the option to set up payroll deduction, where their full paycheck or a percentage of their check is applied to their account. To set up payroll deduction, please complete the section on the Undergraduate Monthly Payment Plan Request Form. Contact your Student Account Specialist if you have questions.
Students have the option to pay in full at the beginning of each semester or set up a monthly payment plan.
Traditional Undergraduate Students
Graduate and ADP Students
Semester payments are due in full one week prior to the start of the term.
Monthly installments, set up on an approved monthly payment plan, are due by the 15th of each month.
Yes, as long as the student’s name or student ID number (preferred) is provided along with the payment (i.e. on a check's memo line). If an Authorized User would like to pay towards a student's account online, they may do so by clicking here.
If a student would like our office to disclose account information to someone other than themselves, the student must fill out a FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) form found online or in our office. The FERPA Release grants Student Financial Services permission to discuss account details with person(s) authorized by the student. The student is able to remove permissions at any time
Click here for a list of common questions regarding the Payment Agreement form.
9. What is the Title IV Financial Aid Permission?
Click here for a list of common questions regarding permission for Title IV financial aid funds to pay 'non-allowable' charges.