2013-2014 Housing Selection Process
Housing Selection occurs annually in mid-March. Returning students who plan to live on-campus should be aware of the following as it outlines the selection process and steps that need to be taken:
- In order to participate in Housing Selection each student needs to pay a $150 Housing Deposit to Student Financial Services by March 15th. Additional information about the deposit will be posted in E-nnoucements and under the Current and Returning Students section.
- Decide who you want to live with and where you want to live. The number of people in your group will determine which living areas you are eligible for.
- Residence hall rooms in Coffin will be part of selection, both as an option and in the event that your preferred four or six person location is not available.
- If there is a specific transfer student that you would like to live with please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the incoming student. This person’s credits, however, will not count in your group’s total.
- If a group is not large enough to fill their assigned location (i.e. 3 people in a 4 person area), then the empty spot will be designated for a new transfer, international or other returning student.
- If you do not have a group you may sign up as an individual. Students who are not part of a group will be placed with others who have an opening in their living area.
- The Housing Form will be on-line March 18th through March 22nd. The link to the form will be posted in E-nnoucements and emailed to all students who have paid a housing deposit.
- One person from each group will complete the on-line Housing Form during this time. This will involve entering everyone’s housing code and ranking the group’s housing preferences. Housing codes can be found by logging into the on-line form.
- Housing preferences will be collected and used to make placements beginning the Monday after Spring Break. Placements will be made as follows:
- Groups will be ranked based on their average credits and placed according to availability of their preferred housing.
- If a group’s preferred housing is not available they will be placed in the next available location as identified on their list of preferences.
- Housing assignments will be posted through the Housing Form during the first or second week of April after all students have been placed.
If a student needs to request a housing accommodation for medical or disability reasons, they should complete a Housing Accommodation Request. Forms are available in the Student Life Office or under the Student Life Forms page. Requests should be submitted to student life by March 1st in order to be evaluated prior to housing selection.
Please stop by the Student Life Office or email email@example.com with questions.