- Complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution with a grade point average of at least 3.0 for the most recent 60 semester hours of graded work.
- Complete at least 18 semester hours in psychology. Recommended course work includes the following:
- Introductory Psychology
- Psychological Statistics or Research Methods
- Personality Theory
- Human Development
- Abnormal Psychology
- Psychological Tests and Measurements
- Social Psychology
Start Dates and Application Deadlines
Coursework begins once each year in August. The early notification deadline is recommended for out-of-state applicants or anyone needing additional time to plan for potential travel to Newberg, Oregon if invited to Interview Day.
- Early Notification Deadline: November 15
- Final Application Deadline: January 15
How to Apply
To complete your application and be eligible for file review, please submit the following by the application deadline:
- Online Application: The Doctor of Clinical Psychology application can be found online here. A $40 non-refundable application fee is required to apply.
- GRE Test Scores: Submit official results from the GRE General Test. More information on the GRE general test is available at gre.org.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts: Order official transcripts from every college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts should be sent to the address below:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223
International Students: Additional requirements for International Students are online here.
Note: You may also choose to include official test scores from the PGRE psychology subject test. This is not required for admission, but may strengthen an application file for the following applicants:
- Non-psychology majors
- It has been a while since you were in a formal psychology class
- You attended a non-accredited or non-traditional institution of higher learning
- Your academic background does not reflect your knowledge of psychology
Once Your Application is Complete
All application items must be submitted by the application deadline. The Admissions Committee will then review all completed files and selected applicants will be invited to an on-campus interview. Historically, Interview Day is scheduled at the end of February. 2015 Interview Day dates are: Feb. 20th and Feb 27th.
- If accepted, a $200 enrollment deposit is required.
- Financial Aid: Many of the students in our program receive federal Stafford Loans to help finance their education. Contact us for additional financial resources that may be available to you.
- Application materials become the property of George Fox University and cannot be returned to the student nor transferred to another institution.
- Meeting minimum entrance requirements of a given program does not guarantee admission.
- Admission may be granted to applicants who do not meet all admission requirements at the minimal level if other indicators suggest probable success in the program.
- Most students admitted to the GDCP describe themselves as Christians and all agree to abide by the community lifestyle expectations during enrollment in the program. See our lifestyle statement for more info.
For questions about the admission process, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Counselor