- Complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution with a grade point average of at least 3.0 for the most recent 60 semester hours of graded work.
- Complete at least 18 semester hours in psychology. Recommended course work includes the following:
- Introductory Psychology
- Psychological Statistics or Research Methods
- Personality Theory
- Human Development
- Abnormal Psychology
- Psychological Tests and Measurements
- Social Psychology
Start Dates and Application Deadlines
Coursework begins once each year in August.
- Early Notification Deadline: November 15
- Final Application Deadline: January 15
- 2016 Interview Dates: February 19 or 26
How to Apply
To complete your application and be eligible for file review, please submit the following by the application deadline:
- Online Application: Complete the Doctor of Clinical Psychology online application. A $40 non-refundable application fee is required to apply.
- GRE Test Scores: Submit official results from the GRE General Test. More information on the GRE general test is available at gre.org. The GRE Code for the George Fox PsyD Department is 4325-2001.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts: Order official transcripts from every college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts should be sent to the address below:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, OR 97223
International Students: Additional requirements for International Students applying to the PsyD include:
- Transcript Evaluations for any credits or degrees earned outside the U.S.
- Non-native English speakers must submit a TOEFL score of 80 (Internet based) or IELTS 6.5
- Declaration of Finance and supporting financial documentation
For more information regarding these requirements, visit our International Admissions website, online here.
Once Your Application is Complete
All application items must be submitted by the application deadline. The Admissions Committee will then review all completed files and selected applicants will be invited to an on-campus interview. Historically, Interview Days are scheduled at the end of February. Following interviews, APA requires that we notify all students regarding their final admissions decision by April 1st.
- If accepted, a $200 enrollment deposit is required.
- Financial Aid: Many of the students in our program receive federal Stafford Loans to help finance their education. Contact us for additional financial resources that may be available to you.
- Application materials become the property of George Fox University and cannot be returned to the student nor transferred to another institution.
- Meeting minimum entrance requirements of a given program does not guarantee admission.
- Admission may be granted to applicants who do not meet all admission requirements at the minimal level if other indicators suggest probable success in the program.
- Most students admitted to the PsyD program describe themselves as Christians and all agree to abide by the community lifestyle expectations during enrollment in the program. See our lifestyle statement for more info.
For questions about the admission process, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Counselor