Portland Seminary Visting Professor, Dr. Jason Clark, serves as the lead mentor for the Leadership and Global Perspectives DMin track. As lead mentor, Clark teaches six of the courses, leads each of the three F2F experiences, and facilitates online experiences.
Jason Clark serves as a full-time pastor of Sutton Vineyard Church in Sutton, London (UK), which he and his wife planted in 1997 while he was an investment broker in London. That church has grown to around 600 adults and 200 children, in an area of London where 1 percent of the population are connected to a church. He is a former council member of the Evangelical Alliance UK.
Jason was very involved in Emerging and Missional church explorations, having overseen the former Emergent UK network. Jason completed his DMin at George Fox, with research in exploration of emerging and missional church theology and leadership. He is now a PhD candidate at Kings College London, researching theological assessments of consumerism and secularism and the implications for evangelical ecclesiology.
Dr. Clark lectures and teaches in other countries on a regular basis in the areas of church and culture. He contributed two chapters to Church in the Present Tense for Baker Academic’s emersion series.
- Position: LGP DMin Lead Mentor; Senior/Founding Pastor, Sutton Vineyard Church; London Area Leader for Vineyard Churches UK and Ireland; Leader of HUB the Vineyard Churches UK and Ireland church planter training program; International board member and leader for the Vineyard Institute, United Kingdom leader and director for Vineyard Institute.
- Academic and Professional Background: BA Honours degree in theology, London School of Theology, DMin, Leadership and Theology in the Emerging Culture, George Fox University; PhD (in process), Beyond Sacramentalism: The challenge of Capitalism and the Market to Concrete Missional Ecclesiologies, London School of Theology.
- Expertise and Research Interests: Consumerism/Capitalism and Ecclesiology (Church & Culture),Theology of Leadership, Church Planting and Church Growth, Organisational Leadership.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 011-44-797-3461611
- Web: www.jasonclark.church
- Twitter: @jasonclark
- Facebook: jasonpaulclark