Author of more than 60 books and 1500 published sermons, Leonard’s most recent publications are Mother Tongue: How Our Heritage Shapes Our Story and The Bad Habits of Jesus: Showing Us the Way to Live Right in a World Gone Wrong.
For almost two decades, Len has served as the E. Stanley Jones Professor of Evangelism at Drew University in Madison, New Jersey. Currently he is a Visiting Distinguished Professor at George Fox University in Portland, Oregon, and a Distinguished Visiting Professor at Tabor College in Hillsboro, Kansas. He is President Emeritus of United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio. He is the founder and chief contributor to the online preaching resource, preachthestory.com. Len often appears on the “Most Influential Christians in America” lists, and issues a podcast called “Napkin Scribbles” sponsored by Portland Seminary of George Fox University. His microblogs and blogs on Twitter and Facebook are ranked as some of the most influential religious sites in the world of social media. He conducts monthly webinars on semiotics and preaching that are open to everyone.
Len lives on Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands (Washington State), where he frequently conducts two-to-three day campfire conversations in his home, Dolphin Cay (www.the-salish.com). He calls them “advances,” not “retreats.”
- Position: SFS DMin Lead Mentor and Visiting Distinguished Professor
- Academic and Professional Background: An honors and Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of Richmond, he earned his Master of Divinity degree from Colgate Rochester Divinity School and PhD from the University of Rochester. He is the recent recipient of honorary doctorates from University of Richmond (Virginia), Baker University (Kansas), Otterbein College (Ohio), Coe College (Iowa), and Lebanon Valley College (Pennsylvania).
- Expertise and Research Interests: bio
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 1-973-723 8746, 1-610-298-8919, or 1-360-376-6535
- Web: http://www.leonardsweet.com/, www.preachthestory.com
- Twitter: @lensweet
- google+: lensweet
- Facebook: lensweet