Author of more than two hundred articles, 1200 published sermons and almost 60 books, Leonard’s most current publications are Mother Tongue: How Our Heritage Shapes Our Story and The Bad Habits of Jesus: Showing Us the Way to Live Right in a World Gone Wrong.
Len often appears on the “50 Most Influential Christians in America” list, and in 2010 was selected by as one of the “Top 10 Influential Christians of 2010:”. His popular weekly podcast called “Napkin Scribbles” is widely used and quoted. Len’s microblogs on Twitter and Facebook are ranked as some of the most influential social media sites in the world.
Currently occupying the E. Stanley Jones Chair of Evangelism at the Theological School of Drew University in Madison, New Jersey, Len served from 1995 to 2001 as Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dean of the Theological School at Drew. He is also a Visiting Distinguished Professor at George Fox University in Portland, Oregon and at Tabor College in Kansas as well as President Emeritus of United Theological Seminary. He is owner and primary weekly contributor to the online preaching resource, https://preachthestory.com.
- Position: SFS DMin Lead Mentor and Visiting Distinguished Professor
- Academic and Professional Background: An honors and Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of Richmond, he earned his Master of Divinity degree from Colgate Rochester Divinity School and PhD from the University of Rochester. He is the recent recipient of honorary doctorates from University of Richmond (Virginia), Baker University (Kansas), Otterbein College (Ohio), Coe College (Iowa), and Lebanon Valley College (Pennsylvania).
- Expertise and Research Interests: bio
- Email: LenISweet@aol.com
- Office: 1-973-723 8746 or 610-298-8919
- Web: http://www.leonardsweet.com/, www.preachthestory.com
- Twitter: @lensweet
- google+: lensweet
- Facebook: lensweet