Klages Center

View a 360° Tour

The Klages Center, formerly the school's cafeteria, was built in 1958 and enlarged in 1968 and 1979.

This building houses the Center for Engineering Design and Innovation, featuring a collaborative design center, or "Collaboratory," in which students from engineering and other majors can participate in design projects. The facility includes a machine and woodworking shop, manufacturing and prototyping lab, design rooms, an environmental lab and tool room.

The building also houses the Bruin Store, some student mailboxes, the Bruin Den and Bruin Bites Cafe, and facilities for the yearbook, newspaper and campus radio station.

Fun Facts:

  • The building formerly housed the Klages Dining Room and Cap and Gown Rooms, which were remodeled in 2016 to accommodate the Center for Engineering Design and Innovation
  • During the 2013-14 academic year, the Bruin Den underwent renovation that included the removal of a fountain in the dining area and the opening of a new cafe, Bruin Bites, in what was formerly the Executive Dining Room. The changes were made to create more dining space and to give students a quick "grab-and-go" food option.
  • The Bruin Den and Foxhole (the latter remodeled in 2013) are two great places to grab a cup of coffee and hang out or study with friends.