At a Glance:
Master of Social Work
|Semester hours||62 (32 for Advanced Standing)|
|Average Completion Time||2 years (1 year Advanced Standing)|
|Cost per credit||$630 per credit|
|Accreditation||In Candidacy for accreditation through the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)|
|Application Information||Applications for Fall 2015 are open. There is a early application dead line of January 7th with a final deadline of March 15th.
*All stated financial information is subject to change.
The mission of George Fox University’s School of Social Work Masters Program is to prepare graduates for worldwide leadership and service as social work professionals who integrate the values, knowledge, and skills of social work with the highest competence and ethical integrity within public and private human service organizations, faith communities, and religiously affiliated agencies.
Three themes relevant to the convergence of mission between the university and the MSW program emerge:
- Competent, ethical integration of Christian faith and the highest standards of social work scholarship and professional practice
- Leadership in professionally oriented, globally engaged, experientially grounded education
- Commitment to social justice and service
The program is designed for students who are committed to social justice and human service in an MSW program that:
- Combines the highest standards of social work scholarship and professional practice in the context of a strong, respected private university that maintains its distinctive Christian identity
- Prepares graduates to work ethically and effectively with spiritual and religious diversity.
- Is characterized by the personal investment of faculty members in community building and the success of graduates
About George Fox
George Fox is ranked by Forbes among the top Christian colleges in the nation, and U.S. News & World Report lists the university in the top tier of its “Best Regional Universities (West)” category. The university is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and does not discriminate in its educational programs or activities, including employment, on the basis of age, sex, handicap/disability, race, color, national or ethnic origin, or other statuses protected by applicable nondiscrimination laws.