George Fox provides an education that helps students grow academically, professionally and spiritually. Since our founding in 1891, we've made the integration of faith and learning central to our mission as a Christian college.
Here, you receive personal attention from professors whose first priority is teaching. Our 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio is among the lowest in Oregon and the region.
Ranked among the top Christian colleges in the U.S.
We've developed a strong reputation for academic excellence:
- Forbes consistently ranks George Fox among the top Christian colleges in the country.
- George Fox ranked first among Christian colleges on the West Coast in Washington Monthly’s “Best Bang for the Buck” 2014 ranking – a list of the colleges in America that do the best job of helping lower-income students attain marketable degrees at affordable prices.
- George Fox is classified as a first-tier "Best Regional University (West)" by U.S. News & World Report.
- Money magazine ranks George Fox as the top Christian college in Oregon in the publication's "The Best Colleges for your Money" list (2014).
- The Princeton Review lists George Fox as a “Best in the West” selection.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks George Fox No. 6 among Regional Universities (West) in the publication's 2013-14 rankings of the "Best Colleges for Veterans."
- George Fox is listed among the top five "Best Seriously Protestant Schools" in the nation by First Things, a publication of The Institute on Religion and Public Life.
- George Fox consistently enrolls many of the Portland area's valedictorians, making it a perennial leader among private schools in the state in drawing these quality students.