At George Fox, it is our promise that students will "Be Known" whether they meet regularly in our classrooms or enroll in programs that include the convenience of online classes. While most of our classes are conducted in a traditional classroom setting in Oregon, several of our programs use a hybrid format that combines face-to-face instruction with online learning.
Adult Degree Programs
The Management and Organizational Leadership online degree allows adult students to complete their bachelor's degree in an accelerated format. The program features the same 13 courses that are offered in the classroom format. Students attend one face-to-face weekend intensive over the course of a Friday and Saturday. This weekend intensive allows students to meet each other, their professor and to begin their first class in-person.
Several of our education programs include an online component that allows adults to earn their degree while still working full time. Our Doctor of Education, Master of Education, Master of Arts in Teaching, School Administrator and Teaching Endorsement programs all include online instruction.
Our Doctor of Business Administration program, a three-year, 56-credit-hour degree, includes both online courses, conducted solely over the Internet, and hybrid classes that combine online and classroom instruction. Students come to campus in Portland, Oregon, for two on-site sessions per year.
- Master of Divinity, Online – An 84-credit-hour professional degree that includes distance learning online six days a week, with face-to-face gatherings twice a year in Portland, Oregon
- Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership, Online – A 56-credit-hour, three-year program that includes distance learning six days a week, with face-to-face gatherings twice a year in Portland, Oregon
- Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation – A 42-credit-hour professional degree that incorporates distance learning online six days a week, with face-to-face gatherings twice a year in Portland, Oregon
- Doctor of Ministry in Leadership and Spiritual Formation – A cohort-based program that employs an online component while also incorporating four retreats that meet for 10 days in Cannon Beach, Oregon
- Doctor of Ministry in Semiotics and Future Studies – A cohort-based program led by Dr. Leonard Sweet that includes online interactivity with professors and cohort members and three retreats in Portland, Oregon, Timberline Lodge (Oregon) and Orcas Island, Washington.
- Doctor of Ministry in Leadership and Global Perspectives – A cohort-based program led by Dr. Jason Clark that includes online interaction and face-to-face learning experiences in Europe, Asia and Africa
Summer Online Classes
We offer a number of undergraduate summer classes, giving students the opportunity to earn credits through online classes. The majority run June 1 through July 26, 2013, and are taught by George Fox faculty members at a cost of half the traditional undergraduate per-credit price.