Mechanical engineering is concerned with machinery, thermal power, product manufacturing, and production methods. Mechanical engineers are involved with the design and development of equipment and processes for all sectors of society, including renewable and alternative energy systems, propulsion systems, materials handling, industrial robots, as well as artificial organs and limbs. Specialty areas include energy conversion, solid mechanics, dynamic systems, and manufacturing processes.
Mechanical Engineering Concentration
The mechanical engineering projects have included the following:
- Compressed air engine design and machining
- Mechanical failure analysis and redesign
- Reciprocating air compressor
- Wind turbine blade optimization
- Eccentric Venturi flow meter analysis
- Campus energy study and carbon footprint assessment
View more program info on the Degree Programs page.