How To Apply
(Please do not complete the traditional undergraduate application. If you see questions related to parent information, high school information and personal activities, you are completing the incorrect application.)
- Input Application Information
- Resume: Upload your resume documenting at least five years of post-high school work experience
- Placement Essay: Upload your Placement Essay as a Word or PDF document
- Instructions: Please write an essay that describes a challenging or difficult experience you have faced and how you did/did not overcome it. Your essay should be double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman, and in APA or a standard essay format. Please do not exceed 1,000 words.
- Grading: Your Placement Essay will be scored using the ADP Placement Essay Scoring Rubric. Candidates who score 0-11 will take Writing for Adults 1 (LACC 101) and Writing for Adults 2 (LACC 102). Candidates who score 12-14 will take Writing for Adults 2 (LACC 102). Candidates who score 15-16 are not required to take an ADP writing course. Please keep in mind that effective writing is a skill that will serve you well in all avenues of life: personal, professional and academic. Our Writing for Adults courses emphasize the needs and interests of adult writers who have careers, families and professional goals.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts: Order official transcripts from every college or university you have attended and have them sent directly to the address below (including military and CLEP transcripts).
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223
Once you have been admitted into your major/cohort, you are required to submit a $200 enrollment deposit by the date provided to you by your enrollment counselor. This deposit guarantees your place in your cohort, allows us to proceed with registering you for the classes in your major, and typically covers the $105 graduation fee applied to your student account in the last semester of your major. Please review the Student Financial Services website related to the Enrollment Deposit.
All prospective-student applications for the adult degree program are reviewed by the admissions committee.
Admission into George Fox University to take general education classes within the adult degree program is not a guarantee of future admission into an adult degree program major (cohort). Admission into a major (cohort) is subject to review by the admissions committee whether a student has or has not completed general education classes at George Fox.
The admissions committee will evaluate your application based on (but not limited to) the following criteria:
- Does the student meet the minimum academic and professional-experience requirements to be admitted into the university or major? (Minimum number of credits, GPA, general education requirements met, passing writing sample score)
- Does the student have at least five full years of post-high school work experience?
- Does the student possess a strong writing ability equal to or exceeding the writing standards for general education and cohort assignments?
- Does the student demonstrate a strong level of collegiality and interpersonal communication that will foster community and respectful interaction within university classes?
- Does the student have a semester-by-semester plan in place with an enrollment counselor in order to enhance the student’s success?
1. George Fox University reserves the right to select students on the basis of academic performance and professional qualifications. George Fox University does not discriminate in its educational programs or activities, including employment, on the basis of age, sex, handicap/disability, race, color, national or ethnic origin, or other statuses protected by applicable nondiscrimination laws.
2. All application questions must be answered, with the exception of those marked "optional."
3. An interview may be required of applicants as part of the admission process.
4. Application materials (including official transcripts) become the property of George Fox University and are not returned to the student or transferred to another institution.
5. Admission into George Fox University to take general education classes within the adult degree program is not a guarantee of future admission into an adult degree program major (cohort). Admission into a major (cohort) is subject to review by the admissions committee.
6. Students indicating a felony conviction may be required to provide proof of completion of sentence.