How To Apply
(please do not complete the traditional undergraduate application - if you see questions related to Parent Information, High School Information, Personal Activities, you are completing the incorrect application)
Part 1: Online Application Steps
- Create your account with your username and password, then return to the main menu.
- Application: Complete the Adult Degree Completion Program application online for admission into general education or major classes
- Resume: Upload your resume documenting at least five years of post-high school work experience
- Writing Sample: Upload your writing sample:
- Prospective students must receive at least a minimum score of 14 out of 20 on the writing sample. Individuals who score below a 14, but no lower than a 12, will be required to complete WRIT 210 Practical Grammar and Editing at George Fox either before or in conjunction with their first semester of classes. Individuals who score below 12 will be denied admission, but can reapply after completing a writing course at an outside institution.
- Submit the $40 application fee
Part 2: Additional Application Steps
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts: Order official transcripts from every college or university you have attended and have them sent directly to the address below (including military and CLEP transcripts).
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223
- Professional Reference: Submit your professional reference form (Fillable PDF; email instructions included form)
- Personal Reference: Submit your personal reference form (Fillable PDF; email instructions included on form)
Part 3: Submit Enrollment Deposit (only for students admitted into a major/cohort)
Once you have been admitted into your major/cohort, you are required to submit a $200 enrollment deposit by the date provided to you by your enrollment counselor. This deposit guarantees your place in your cohort, allows us to proceed with registering you for the classes in your major, and typically covers the $105 graduation fee applied to your student account in the last semester of your major. Please review the Student Financial Services website related to the Enrollment Deposit.
All prospective-student applications for the adult degree program are reviewed by the admissions committee.
Admission into George Fox University to take general education classes within the adult degree program is not a guarantee of future admission into an adult degree program major (cohort). Admission into a major (cohort) is subject to review by the admission committee whether a student has or has not completed general education classes at GFU.
The admissions committee will evaluate your application based on (but not limited to) the following criteria:
- Does the student meet the minimum academic and professional-experience requirements to be admitted into the university or major? (Minimum number of credits, GPA, general education requirements met, passing writing sample score)
- Does the student have at least five full years of post-high school work experience?
- Does the student posses a strong writing ability equal to or exceeding the writing standards for general education and cohort assignments?
- Does the student demonstrate a strong level of collegiality and interpersonal communication that will foster community and respectful interaction within university classes?
- Does the student have a semester-by-semester plan in place with an enrollment counselor in order to enhance the student’s success?
1. George Fox University reserves the right to select students on the basis of academic performance and professional qualifications. George Fox University does not discriminate in its educational programs or activities, including employment, on the basis of age, sex, handicap/disability, race, color, national or ethnic origin, or other statuses protected by applicable nondiscrimination laws.
2. All application questions must be answered, with the exception of those marked "optional."
3. An interview may be required of applicants as part of the admission process.
4. Application materials (including official transcripts) become the property of George Fox University and are not returned to the student or transferred to another institution.5. Admission into George Fox University to take general education classes within the adult degree program is not a guarantee of future admission into an adult degree program major (cohort). Admission into a major (cohort) is subject to review by the admission committee.