Prior Learning Assessment
What is 'Life-Learning Credit?'
Life-learning credit, or "prior-learning credit," is credit earned when a student demonstrates learning he or she has gained outside a traditional college classroom. This type of credit is often referred to as “credit for life experience,” even though the credit is awarded based on the learning that resulted from the experience—not the experience itself. Since prior-learning credit is nontraditional, evaluation has to be done very carefully to ensure that it meets George Fox University’s standards for quality.
Please submit all Prior Learning submissions via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Essay Submission Form (Fillable Microsoft Word Document)
- Professional Training Submission Form (Fillable Microsoft Word Document)
Life-Learning Credit Resources
- Prior Learning Assessment Frequently Asked Questions
- "Demystifying the Prior Learning Assessment Process" Presentation
- Prior Learning Assessment Guide - Jan 2014 (PDF)
- Bloom's Taxonomy Action Verbs - helpful resource for creating college-level learning outcomes
Prior Learning Submission Deadlines
For those planning to graduate Spring 2014 or after:
- Spring (April/May) Commencement - The last day of the previous Fall term (December)
- August Completion - The last day of the previous Spring term (April/May)
- Fall (December) Commencement - The last day of the previous Summer term (August)
(deadlines updated 11/28/12)