Degree Completion Admissions
Basis of Undergraduate Admission (ADP)
The university admits applicants who evidence academic interests and ability, moral character, social concern, and who would most likely profit from the curriculum and Christian philosophy of George Fox University. These qualities are evaluated by consideration of each applicant's academic record, test scores, recommendations, writing sample, and in some cases an interview. Applicants with a criminal record will be required to submit additional official paperwork.
George Fox University does not discriminate against students on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, or any other status to the extent prohibited under applicable nondiscrimination law in the administration of its admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, educational programs, athletics programs, co-curricular activities, or other university-administered programs.
Admission Procedures and Policies for Department of Professional Studies Degree Completion Students
Applicants to general education coursework generally require a minimum of 20 semester hours of transferable college credit from accredited institutions or approved military education. Applicants to major coursework generally require a minimum of 62 semester hours of transferable college credit.
Applicants seeking admission to the degree-completion program must complete the following to be considered for admission to the program:
- Degree completion application form and application fee.
- Submit one official transcript from each college/university attended. An applicant may also be asked to furnish a high school transcript.
- Two references (forms provided in the application materials).
A student must be free from academic or behavioral probation or suspension at all colleges previously attended to be eligible for admission to George Fox University. Soon after the admission file is completed, the applicant is notified of the Admissions Committee's decision.
If applying for financial aid, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be submitted online at www.fafsa.ed.gov as soon after Jan. 1 as possible. The George Fox University code for FAFSA is 003194. Forms may be obtained from your current college financial aid office or by writing to Student Financial Services at George Fox University. After students have been accepted for admission, they are considered for financial assistance. To permit maximum consideration for financial aid, it is recommended that the application process be completed by March 1.
Students who have completed work at other educational institutions may be entitled to transfer credit by presenting official transcripts. George Fox University applies the accepted credits toward the general education requirements, electives, and the student's chosen major. Certain criteria are involved in the evaluation:
- Only course work with a C- or better grade will be accepted. (The GPA does not transfer. A student's GPA is computed on work at George Fox University only.)
- The Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT), Associate of Science Oregon Transfer Degree - Business (ASOTB), Direct Transfer Agreement - Associates Degree (DTA) from Washington, or any Associate of Arts degree from California that includes either the IGETC certificate or the CSU General Education - Breadth requirements will satisfy all general education requirements except Bible and religion. (A transfer degree may not necessarily meet school, department, or major requirements with regard to courses or GPA.)
Transfer credit will be evaluated and assigned a George Fox University course number based on the closest match between the originating course and the George Fox University course descriptions.
Any evaluation of transfer credit is to be considered tentative until the student has completed 12 hours in good standing.
Any veteran receiving GI Bill benefits while attending George Fox University is required to obtain transcripts from all previously attended schools and submit them to the VA School Official for reveiw of prior credit.
Each student must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours through George Fox coursework for the bachelor's degree. Additionally, transfer students must complete at least 60 hours at George Fox University to be eligible for honors at graduation.