- Allied Health
- Applied Science
- Graphic Design
- Studio Arts
- Fashion Design & Interior Design
- Athletic Training
- Biblical Studies
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Ecology & Field Biology
- General Biology
- Systems & Structural Biology
- Business majors
- Global Business
- Christian Ministries
- Church Recreation
- Educational Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Cinema/Media Communication
- Audio Production
- Film Studies
- Cognitive Science
- Communication Arts
- Computer Science
- Elementary Education
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Health and Human Performance
- Fitness Management
- Health Pre-teaching
- Physical Education Pre-teaching
- Information Systems
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Studies
- Theory and Composition
- Music Education
- Organizational Communication
Common Career Paths
- Intelligence analyst
- Public policy assistant
- Political advisor
Looking for a degree that gives you versatility in the job market? George Fox University’s bachelor’s degree in politics enables graduates to succeed in any field they choose – including politics, public service, conflict resolution, law, development and business. Possible fields of emphasis include American institutions, law, international relations, comparative government, peace studies, political theory and public policy.
At the center of the program is the conviction that the Christian faith is relevant to all of life – including politics. Our professors draw from the best of George Fox’s evangelical and Quaker heritage, and are actively engaged in research and current events.
Request information about the politics major at George Fox University or apply now to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment of political scientists is projected to grow faster than average, reflecting the growing importance of public policy and research. Demand for research in this field is growing because of increasing interest in politics, foreign affairs, development, social policy, environmental policy, health care, crime and immigration.
Selected positions offered to politics majors
- Policy Analyst and Member Services Director, Oregon House Republican Office
- Public Policy Assistant, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Source Analyst, Department of Defense
- Field Researcher, National Republican Senatorial Committee
- Funding Operations Specialist, Community Assistance Network
- Database Technician, Republican National Committee
- Deputy Director of Early Voting, Victory 2008
- School Liaison and Counselor, Youth Guidance Association
- Staff Assistant, Organization for International Investment
- Assistant Account Executive, The Sherry Group
Selected graduate schools to which politics majors have been accepted
- Cambridge University, Master of Philosophy in International Relations program
- Catholic University of America, PhD program in Political Science
- Cornell University School of Law
- George Washington University Law School
- University of Minnesota School of Law
- University of Michigan School of Law
Internships politics majors have held
- The White House
- The Center for National Policy
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- United States House and Senate
- United States Department of State
- The Heritage Foundation
- U.S. Embassy, Nicaragua
- National Right to Life
Points of Distinction
- Work with a prelaw advisor who graduated from one of the nation’s top 10 law schools.
- Learn from professors who are published authors and remain engaged in current political and legal debates.
- Choose from an extensive database of internship opportunities tailored to your interests.
- All of our students who have applied to graduate school or law school have been accepted.
- Explore the moral, strategic and practical aspects of peacemaking with a peace studies minor.
Why George Fox?
- Christ-centered community
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
- Global opportunities
Half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 50 out of 1,400 American colleges!
- Small classes
Our 13-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio means you’ll get to know your professors on a personal level.
- National recognition George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.