Looking for a degree that gives you versatility in the job market? George Fox University’s bachelor’s degree in politics enables graduates to succeed in any field they choose – including politics, public service, conflict resolution, law, development and business. Possible fields of emphasis include American institutions, law, international relations, comparative government, peace studies, political theory and public policy.
At the center of the program is the conviction that the Christian faith is relevant to all of life – including politics. Our professors draw from the best of George Fox’s evangelical and Quaker heritage, and are actively engaged in research and current events.
Request more information about the politics major at George Fox University or schedule a visit to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Campus Virtual Tour
- Campus Life
- Prospective Students
- Visit Campus
- Contact Us
- Important Dates
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment of political scientists is projected to grow faster than average, reflecting the growing importance of public policy and research. Demand for research in this field is growing because of increasing interest in politics, foreign affairs, development, social policy, environmental policy, health care, crime and immigration.
- Policy Analyst and Member Services Director, Oregon House Republican Office
- Public Policy Assistant, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Source Analyst, Department of Defense
- Field Researcher, National Republican Senatorial Committee
- Funding Operations Specialist, Community Assistance Network
- Database Technician, Republican National Committee
- Deputy Director of Early Voting, Victory 2008
- School Liaison and Counselor, Youth Guidance Association
- Staff Assistant, Organization for International Investment
- Assistant Account Executive, The Sherry Group
- Cambridge University, Master of Philosophy in International Relations program
- Catholic University of America, PhD program in Political Science
- Cornell University School of Law
- George Washington University Law School
- University of Minnesota School of Law
- University of Michigan School of Law
- The White House
- The Center for National Policy
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- United States House and Senate
- United States Department of State
- The Heritage Foundation
- U.S. Embassy, Nicaragua
- National Right to Life
"Majoring in political science has been the best decision I’ve made at George Fox. The faculty are beyond capable and highly personable, and the classes are both challenging and rewarding."
- Daniel Bennett (’08), Assistant Professor of Political Science, Eastern Kentucky University
Points of Distinction
- Work with a prelaw advisor who graduated from one of the nation’s top 10 law schools.
- Learn from professors who are published authors and remain engaged in current political and legal debates.
- Choose from an extensive database of internship opportunities tailored to your interests.
- All of our students who have applied to graduate school or law school have been accepted.
- Explore the moral, strategic and practical aspects of peacemaking with a peace studies minor.
Why George Fox?
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
Nearly half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 60 out of 1,800 American colleges!
Our 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio means you'll get to know your professors on a personal level.
George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.