We are pleased you are interested in attending George Fox University! The following information will help with the admissions process.
An undergraduate applicant must provide the following information before admission is granted:
- A completed undergraduate application form
- Application fee of $40
- An essay (about 500 words) stating purpose of study
- Two reference letters, one academic, and the other a character reference
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score
- High school (or college) transcripts (both in English and applicant's native language)
- Declaration of Finance, plus supportive documentation of family income and banking statements
Please give close attention to the following procedure when preparing application data.
- Prepare your application
All international undergraduate applicants must submit the George Fox undergraduate admission form. You may apply online, which is the easiest and quickest way to apply. Or, download the application form in pdf format, fill out the form, and mail it with other supporting documents to George Fox.
It is important, also, that your application is supported by an academic reference letter issued by a teacher who taught you before and a character reference letter issued by an instructor or supervisor who is familiar with your behavior and spirituality.
- Pay application fee
- All applicants must pay the required $40 application fee. Your application will not be evaluated until the fee is received. We do not grant application fee waivers. You may mail a personal check or international money order payable to George Fox University together with your undergraduate application form.
- Provide statement of purpose
- The applicant must write a 500-word statement describing the purpose and plan of study at George Fox.
- Provide academic documents
Freshmen applicants or students who have just graduated from high school must submit complete secondary school transcripts or mark sheets and copies of any certificate or diplomas awarded. Providing transcripts only of the senior year will not be considered adequate.
Transfer applicants, or students who have completed some college/university course work, must submit official college/university transcripts for each institution attended, both in native language and translated into English, along with any certificates or diplomas awarded.
Transfer of foreign credits can be accepted at George Fox. Any credits earned at a university outside the U.S., which a student wishes to transfer to George Fox, must be evaluated by one of our approved transcript evaluation partners. Transfer credit can be considered for each course in which a student has received a grade of "C" or better. We encourage you to submit the course description at the time of application so we can begin our evaluation process as quickly as possible. Please note, though, that not all of your foreign credits can be transferred and some courses may not be applied toward your degree program at George Fox.
- Submit proof of English language proficiency
- All international students coming to attend George Fox must provide proof of English language proficiency. Undergraduate students may meet this requirement by submitting a TOEFL score of 70+ or an IELTS score of 6.0+. Students whose score is below the admission standards are eligible for enrollment in our English Language Institute. The minimal requirement for admission to this insititute is TOEFL 40+ or IELTS 4.5+. A language student may spend one, or two, or three semesters taking ESL courses before they can advance to mainstream studies. The TOEFL code for George Fox is 4325.
- Provide documentation of financial support
All international students must prove that they have adequate funds to pay tuition and living expenses while attending George Fox University. Every student must submit the Declaration of Finance form, coupled with certified documents of income and officially issued bank statements. Please make sure statements and letters bear a recent date. Statements more than six months old are unacceptable. The current schedule of costs can be found on the Student Financial Services web page.
International undergraduate students are eligible for scholarships based on academic merit, but this policy does not apply to language students. Additional financial aid is not available.
- Be sure all your documents are mailed to the correct address
Office of International Admissions
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian Street
Newberg, OR 97132, USA
Regarding tuition and costs, please visit Student Financial Services website or contact us at the numbers below.