Am I a transfer student?
Have you graduated high school? Prior to enrolling at George Fox, will you have attempted at least 30 quarter or 20 semester hours at a college since your high school graduation date? Are those 30 quarter hours or 20 semester hours transferable coursework (100 level or higher)? If you've answered yes to all these questions, you're a transfer student.
Your time is money. At George Fox, we are committed to helping you reach your goal of a four-year college experience — two years at the community college and two years at George Fox. In order to set yourself up to reach this goal, there are a few factors to consider: General Education and Major Requirements.
There are two paths to finishing your general education requirements.
If you transfer without a block-transfer associate degree, we will evaluate your course work on a course-by-course basis. Did you take College Algebra at your current institution? That will likely meet the math general education requirement at George Fox. What about College Composition? You probably have met our writing general education requirement. So, what general education courses should you take? We have a few tools to help you.
George Fox accepts the following associate's degrees as a block transfer, taking care of all your general education requirements except for Bible classes.
- Oregon: The Associates of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT) or the Associates of Science Oregon Transfer Business Degree (ASOTB)
- Washington: The Washington Transfer Associates of Arts (WTAA) also known as the Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA)
- California: The Associates of Arts Degree for Transfer or any associates degree if you also met the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements or the CSU General Education Breadth requirements.
For some majors, transferring with only general education completed is sufficient for a two-year graduation. These majors include:
General education completed = Two-year graduation
- Christian Ministries
- Communication Arts
- Cinema/Media Communication
- Cognitive Science
- Health and Human Performance
- International Studies
- Organizational Communication
- Political Science
Other majors require you to take specific courses in addition to general education in order to graduate in two years from George Fox. For a handful of majors, certain courses have to be taken at George Fox, which means coming in with general education and lower-level major requirements completed. In this case, you will still need three years of course work at George Fox before graduation. For some of these majors, we've created specific transfer guides, letting you know what courses are expected of you in addition to general education in order to stay on track for graduation.
General education completed + Transfer guide = Two-year graduation
General education completed + Transfer guide = Three-year graduation:
- Applied Science
- Biology (depending on concentration but especially for Pre-Med. Pre-Dental, Pre-Veterinary)
- Chemistry (depending on concentration but especially for Pre-Med. Pre-Dental, Pre-Veterinary)
If there is not a transfer guide attached to the major of your choice above, contact our transfer admissions counselor for more information.
Unofficial Transcript Evaluation & Additional Questions
Have you already completed some college course work? Are you wondering how your credits will transfer and your estimated time to graduation? Asking advising questions before coming to George Fox is key to a smooth transfer. If you have questions, please contact our transfer admission counselor.