- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. A cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or above is required. The undergraduate degree does not have to be in the field of psychology.
- Completed Application Form
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- Résumé of work and/or volunteer experience
- Written admission statement addressing the question provided in the Application Form
- One academic reference form and one professional reference form
- An official transcript from each college or university attended
- Standardized test results are not required to apply
- Group Interview with the Admissions Committee. An invitation will be extended to those meeting initial program criteria.
The Admissions Committee will consider each application item and the Group Interview as part of the admissions decision.
Additional Requirements for International Students are online here.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Create an account with a username and password and complete the Graduate School of Counseling online application. Submitting the online application will require a $40 non-refundable application fee.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts
- Order official transcripts from every regionally accredited college or university where you completed even a single course. Official transcripts may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to the address below:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223
- Two References
- Submit one professional and one academic reference. These will be included in the online application system.
- Testing Requirement
- Submit official results from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- International Students
- Additional requirements for International students are online here.
Once Your Application is Complete
All application items must be submitted by the application deadline. Applicants meeting initial program criteria are invited to an invitation-only Group Interview event. Applicants living outside of Washington and Oregon may qualify for a distance group interview event depending on availability*. The Admissions Committee will consider each application item and the Group Interview as part of the admissions decision. If you’re invited to the Group Interview, expect to take part in the following activities:
- Group discussion of a movie you will watch ahead of time
- Group discussion of a Personal Object you will bring from home
- Role play activity
- Essay on a topic to be provided at the interview event
- Brief one-on-one interview with a professor
*Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
If you are admitted to the Graduate School of Counseling, you are required to submit a non-refundable $200 enrollment deposit by the date provided by your admissions counselor. This deposit guarantees your place in the program and typically covers the graduation fee applied to your student account in the last semester of your degree program. Please review the Student Accounts website related to the Enrollment Deposit. If you will be requesting transfer credit, then you need to submit syllabi for relevant courses to the Graduate School of Counseling after admission.
Applications are accepted throughout the year, so apply now to meet the next available application deadline. All application items must be received by the deadline for you to be considered in the review process.
Fall Semester 2017 - Early Admission Process
Fall Semester 2017 - Regular Admission Process
Spring Semester 2017
Summer Semester 2017
*Applicants living outside of Washington and Oregon may qualify for the Distance Interview Event depending on availability. Contact your admissions counselor for more information.