Admissions for Elementary Education Degree Completion Program
What we look for in future teachers
We are seeking teacher candidates who are dedicated and focused, open to multiple viewpoints, enthusiastic about learning, able to negotiate systems, and excellent at communicating. For students seeking admission to the elementary education degree-completion program, requirements are as follows
Applicants to the Elementary Education Adult Degree Program must show evidence of a minimum of 66 semester credits toward the completion of a degree from a regionally accredited college or university and must have a minimum 2.75 GPA.
Please contact your admission counselor for information on prerequisite coursework.
We have also developed convenient transfer guides from local community colleges in order to assist you in transferring credits to George Fox:
- Chemeketa Community College
- Clackamas Community College
- Clark College
- Central Oregon Community College
- Lane Community College
- Linn-Benton Community College
- Mt. Hood Community College
- Portland Community College
- Tillamook Bay Community College
How To Apply
- Submit Your Unofficial Transcripts
- Email your unofficial transcripts electronically to Lizzy Riese at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then create a transfer credit evaluation of all your completed college coursework in order to determine whether you have enough credits for admission.
- Apply Online
- Create an account with a username and password and complete the Elementary Education Adult Degree Program application online. Submitting the online application will require a $40 non-refundable application fee.
Start Your Application
- Submit Character Questionnaire
- Submit completed and signed Oregon TSPC Character Questionnaire to Lizzy Riese at email@example.com.
- Submit Official Unopened Transcripts
- After being admitted, you will need to submit official transcripts. Order official transcripts from every regionally accredited college or university where you completed even a single course. If you have any military transcripts or CLEP official score transcripts, please order official copies of those to be sent as well. Transcripts must arrive in a signed, sealed envelope from the issuing institution and should be sent to:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 SW 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223