Application Steps and Admission Requirements
What we look for in future teachers:
We are seeking teacher candidates who are dedicated and focused, open to multiple viewpoints, enthusiastic about learning, able to negotiate systems, and excellent at communicating. For students seeking admission to the elementary education degree-completion program, requirements are as follows
Applicants to the Elementary Education Adult Degree Program must show evidence of a minimum of 62 semester credits toward the completion of a degree from a regionally accredited college or university and must have a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Apply Online, or download a paper application
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Resume with a focus on becoming a school teacher. Submit resume to Gina Worley with your unofficial transcripts at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signed Oregon TSPC Character Questionnaire
- Admission Statement (essay instructions are on page 4 of the application)
- Three professional references (download online form).
- Download the form and email to your reference(s). The form may be emailed back to email@example.com
- One official transcript from every college or university you have attended. If you have any military transcripts or CLEP official score transcripts, please order official copies of those to be sent as well.
- Official transcripts must arrive in a signed sealed envelope from the issuing institution. The transcripts may be sent directly to George Fox or submitted by the applicant.
- NES-EAS test scores (www.orela.nesinc.com). This is our preferred test. We can also accept Praxis PPST, or CBEST - see admissions counselor for more information.
Please contact your admissions counselor for information on prerequisite coursework.
We have also developed convenient transfer guides from local community colleges in order to assist you in transfering classes to George Fox.