Become an Elementary Teacher
Would you like to pursue your dream of becoming an elementary education teacher?
We’d love to walk with you on that journey.
Become a teacher who is able to:
- Think critically. Elementary education graduates are characterized by curiosity and a vibrant, inquiring mind in the continuous quest for discovery.
- Transform practice. Graduates transform practice through deliberate, reflective and intentional action.
- Promote justice. Graduates directly confront oppression, are committed to ethical practice, empathy and compassion, and are deeply caring.
George Fox University’s School of Education is pleased to offer a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education in two formats.
- Designed for adults who would like to earn an Oregon state teacher license or an Idaho State teacher certificate. Evening and weekend classes are taught at the university's Portland Center, Salem Center.
- A four-year undergraduate program offered at our residential Newberg campus.