Need help writing a paper or preparing for tests? Through one-on-one and group consultations, trained peer consultants can help you Read. Write. Learn . . . Better.
Note: Go to wc.georgefox.edu for information about scheduling an appointment with the Portland Writing Center.
Meet with an ARC consultant for:
- Brainstorming a topic
- Organizing information
- Transitioning between sentences, paragraphs
- Critiquing your final paper
- Planning your schedule
- Taking notes more efficiently
- Improving study habits
- Overcoming test anxiety
Be sure to plan ahead and schedule appointments as soon as possible. The ARC schedule fills quickly, especially during busy phases of semesters, such as mid-term and finals. The quickest and surest way to schedule an ARC consultation that fits into your academic plan is to schedule through our online system.
See “Scheduling through TutorTrac” to schedule appointments online.
What to Bring
When you come for your consultation, be sure to bring:
- Your class syllabus
- The assignment sheet (if separate from syllabus)
- Any work you have done on the assignment
- Other materials you need to complete the assignment (textbook, source materials, class notes)
Scheduling through TutorTrac
The quickest and surest way to make an ARC appointment is to schedule through TutorTrac, our online system. ARC appointments can be made for 25- or 50-minute time periods. Follow the instructions below to make an appointment online.
- Click on arcschedule.georgefox.edu.
The following box will appear. Type your George Fox user name and password to log in.
- Click on “search for availabilities,” located on the left.
- Type your last name or George Fox student ID number.
- Select “Newberg ARC” from the Center drop-down menu.
- Select the range of dates for your appointment and click “Search.”
- Select the date and time you wish to reserve for your appointment, and click the green box.
- Verify the time and date for your appointment.
- Click Save to secure your appointment.