Student Health Insurance
General Insurance Requirements
- All full time students are required to have health insurance coverage (12 credit hours Undergrads; 8 credit hours Grad students)
- Eligible students who are unable to provide proof of coverage at the time of registration will be enrolled in the Student Health Insurance program
The student health insurance is provided by United Healthcare Insurance Company www.uhcsr.com/
2012-2013 Coverage Dates and Rates:
Annual Rate: $1,568.00
Full Time Student Only
(Full Time MAT Only)
6/15/12 – 8/15/12
8/16/12 – 12/31/12
1/01/13 – 8/15/13
Two significant exclusions new to the plan this year: (Medical expenses for the following are not paid by this policy.)
Motor vechicular injury
Suicide or attempted suicide; or intentionally self-inflicted injury
To sign up for GFU Medical Insurance:
- Login into your personal MYGFU account.
- Click on the link SELF SERVICE located in the upper left hand corner.
- Click on the link UNIVERSITY FORMS.
- Click on the link Medical Insurance Form.
At this point you will choose which option pertains to your situation. If you decline GFU insurance you will need to provide information regarding your current insurance coverage.
Please contact the Health and Counseling Center for more information