OPENING DATE: June 12, 2014
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Full time, 12 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY:
Our Vision: To be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes.
Our Mission: To prepare students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion.
Our Values: Students First. Christ in Everything. Innovation to Improve Outcomes
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually.
This position is responsible for implementing programs for George Fox undergraduate students that will engage each one to create and implement an effective career plan. This includes collaborating with academic departments to ensure that the university achieves new and innovative retention, internship and career placement outcomes.
- Career coaching and planning: Maintain expertise in current industry hiring trends and develop programs that align students to attain the George Fox promise of exceptional life outcomes. Hire and supervise student employees in IDEA Center.
- Recruiter liaison: Serve as a liaison with recruiters (employers and graduate schools), developing and fostering these relationships. Develop opportunities for students to connect to the world of work by locating and publicizing experiential opportunities in their fields of study. Schedule, manage and host recruiters on and off campus. Collaborate with regional organizations in planning joint career and graduate school fairs. Manage databases.
- Management of internship program: Provide administrative records and evaluation, resources, training (advising) and referrals to students and faculty. Develop, manage and maintain a summer and academic year internship program.
- Coordination of networking events: Work with academic and alumni departments on events, maintain alumni connections, and provide experiences to connect students to professionals in the workplace. Work with alumni and spiritual life offices in matching mentors to students.
- Instruction: Provide programs, workshops and in-class presentations on career planning that include career exploration, networking, managing online image, social media, skills development/extraction, resumes and interview skills.
- Technology and marketing: Responsible for creating content on IDEA Center career website pages that provides career planning resources to students 24/7/365 online. Schedule and manage marketing plans for events. Maintain social marketing content for IDEA Center Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts and on-campus print publicity. Lead creative marketing communication plans with student employees for IDEA Center events.
- Participate in professional associations, conferences, training and reading
- Serve on university/student life committees and attend faculty and campus-wide meetings
- Give guidance to maintaining resource center systems related to areas of responsibilities
- Serve on the executive planning committees for various consortiums integral to providing service
- Manage and lead the office in the absence of the director
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS /QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelors degree required, masters preferred in a related field. Three to five years experience working in the career development or employment field important; publicity, marketing and/or public relations experience helpful
2. Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, database, website and social media experience)
3. Strong oral, written, presentation and teaching skills
4. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
5. Strong planning and organizational abilities
6. Good supervision and delegation skills
7. Strong decision making and problem solving skills
8. High level of professionalism
9. An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution's goals, including signed agreement with university's Statement of Faith and Community Lifestyle Statement and being in living agreement with same.
10. Commitment to issues of ethnic and gender diversity. Candidates should also value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns and connects culturally.
STARTING SALARY: $35,937 to $44,921
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Vacation, sick leave, and holidays; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Success, IDEA Center
TO APPLY: Submit George Fox University application, resume and letter of interest to
Office of Human Resources
George Fox University
414 N. Meridian #6108
Newberg, OR 97132.
You may scan and submit your information via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 503-554-2186. A resume will not be accepted unless it is accompanied by a signed George Fox University application.
The university reserves the right to fill the position as circumstances warrant.