Direct Deposit Refunding
George Fox is excited to offer direct deposit refunding of student accounts! Enrolling in direct deposit allows student account refunds to be electronically deposited into your bank account, resulting in faster receipt of your funds. See below for more information regarding the program.
Adding a Bank Account and Enrolling in Direct Deposit
Direct Deposit General Information
- Direct Deposit is used solely for refunding credits present on a student account (e.g. overpayments on the account, enrollment deposit refund, etc.). It is separate from payroll deposits and does not effect tuition payments.
- Direct Deposits are processed via automated clearinghouse electronic fund transfer, also known as ACH.
- A refund will be displayed in MyGFU prior to funds being deposited in a bank account.
- It is the responsibility of the account holder to verify receipt of funds. GFU is not responsible for any banking fees (overdraft, insufficient funds, etc) accrued.
- For most banks, funds are typically received within 2 business days of a generated refund.
- If there is an outstanding balance after a refund is processed (additional registration, parking fines, etc.), the student is responsible to pay by the due date. Unpaid balances are subject to our standard policy.
- Direct deposit enrollment can be cancelled by contacting Student Accounts.
- Choosing to not enroll in direct deposit will result in a delay of receipt of funds due to extended processing time required for a physical check.
- The Student Accounts office may revoke direct deposit permissions at its own discretion.