How To Apply
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. A cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or above is required. The undergraduate degree does not have to be in the field of physical therapy.
- Completed application
- Official Transcripts from all institutions where even one a single course was completed
- Resume of work and/or volunteer experience
- (1) Academic and (1) Physical Therapy References
- Observation Hours: It is not uncommon for applicants to have 200 hours at 4 different settings.
- Interview with the Admissions Committee. An invitation will be extended to those meeting initial program criteria.
Applications are now open for 2017!
- The $40 application fee is automatically waived for applications submitted by September 30, 2016
- Final application deadline: December 1, 2016
- Interviews will be held the first two weekends of February 2017
- Apply Online
- Apply online here to complete the Doctor of Physical Therapy application. You will be prompted to create an account with a username and password. Submitting the online application will require a $40 non-refundable application fee. This application fee is automatically waived for applications submitted by September 30, 2016.
- Official Transcripts
- Order official transcripts from every regionally accredited college or university where even one single course was completed. Official transcripts can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to this address:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223
- Two References
- Submit (1) Academic and (1) Physical Therapy reference. These forms will be sent thru the online application system. If applying thru PTCAS, reference providers may email a pdf copy of their completed PTCAS reference form to email@example.com in lieu of the reference forms from the application.
- There are No Testing Requirements
- The GRE or other standardized tests are not required. For other program requirements, please review our prerequisite requirements.
- International Students
- Additional requirements for International Students include:
- Transcript Evaluations for any credits or degrees earned outside the U.S.
- Non-native English speakers must submit a TOEFL score of 80 (Internet based) or OELTS 6.5
- Declaration of Finance and supporting financial documentation
For more information regarding these requirements, visit our International Graduate Admissions page online here.
Once Your Application is Complete
All application items must be submitted by the application deadline of December 1, 2016. The Admissions Committee will then review all completed files and selected applicants will be invited to an on-campus interview. Interviews will be conducted the first two weekends of February. Admission decisions are announced by early March.
- If admitted a $200 enrollment deposit is required. Please review the Student Financial Services page concerning the Enrollment Deposit.
- Financial Aid: Many students receive federal Stafford Loans to help finance their education. George Fox University is listed with WICHE (Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education). Tuition assistance is available thru WICHE for applicants who reside in a state that does not have a state-funded Doctor of Physical Thereapy program. More Financial Aid information for graduate students is available online here.
For more information, please contact your admissions counselor: