How To Apply
Applications for Fall Semester 2017 are open July 1 and will close on December 1, 2016.Online Application
- Complete Application: Apply online here to complete the Doctor of Physical Therapy application. You will be prompted to create an account with a username and password. Submitting the online application will require a $40 non-refundable application fee. The $40 application fee is automatically waived for applications submitted by September 30, 2016.
Note: In an effort to get to know you better, applicants are encouraged to respond to the seccond essay question through a short video. Read about our criteria, pointers, and FAQs.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts: Order official transcripts from every regionally accredited college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223
- Prerequisite courses will be a part of your online application. Please review our prerequisite requirements.
- Reference forms can be sent through the online application. Two references are required: (1) Academic and (1) Physical Therapist. Please login and submit your references before submitting your application to ensure they arrive on time. We will accept PTCAS reference forms in lieu of our online reference forms. Your reference provider can save a copy of the PTCAS form and send it to email@example.com.
- It is not uncommon for applicants to have at least 200 hundred observation hours.
- No GRE or other standardized test is required.
International Applicants: Additional requirements for international students are described on the International Graduate Admissions website. Those students whose first language is not English must meet the required English proficiency standard as demonstrated in passing the following minimum international iBT (Internet-based TOEFL) scores: 25 points in each of the following – Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. International applicants whose primary speaking language is not English will need to demonstrate an advanced level of writing, speaking, spelling and comprehension in the English language to be admitted into the program.
Once Your Application is Complete
Qualified applicants are invited to an on-campus interview, typically scheduled for the month of February. Admission decisions are announced in March.
If you are admitted to the Doctor of Physical Therapy program, then you are required to submit a $200 enrollment deposit by the date provided by your admissions counselor. This deposit guarantees your place in the program and typically covers the graduation fee applied to your student account in the last semester of your degree program. Please review the Student Financial Services page concerning the Enrollment Deposit.
For more information, please contact your admissions counselor: