Excellence In Training
The George Fox PsyD program received a highly favorable review by the APA during the program’s last reaccreditation visit. A seven-year reaccreditation period was awarded, the longest interval allowed. The diagram below provides an overview of our integrated five-year program.
- Accredited by the American Psychological Association
- 100 percent of recent eligible students have been placed at internship sites nationally, more than 85 percent in accredited and/or approved sites.
- 94 percent of program graduates are employed as psychologists and are licensed or working toward licensure.
- Approximately 30 percent of recently enrolled students present at professional meetings or publish in professional journals before graduation.
- The program's training receives consistently high ratings by external practicum and internship site supervisors.
- When asked to use a 7-point scale (7=high) to rank the accuracy of the statement, "Compared to other interns at my internship site, I received good training," our PsyD grads gave an average ranking of 6.1
- The program is an active member of the National Association of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP)