Interschool Equipment Loan Program
Missing what you need for your next lab experiment?
Need some new ideas for teaching a lab?
George Fox University has scientific equipment many elementary, middle and high schools do not own. The Science Outreach Program began loaning equipment to schools so their teachers could provide tangible learning experiences for students. Equipment loans are also available to the homeschooling community. If you need microscopes, dissecting tools, physics models, or a variety of other teaching items, we can loan them to you and help enrich scientific learning among your students.
Our goal is to encourage and empower teachers to become dynamic scientists and more effectively teach the wonder of God’s creation to future scientists. Contact the Science Outreach Program if you need help brainstorming ideas for your students.
Equipment is loaned out on a first-come, first-served basis for up to one week (seven days). To borrow equipment:
- Send equipment loan requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request equipment at least 48 hours in advance
- There will be a set morning time to pick up equipment and an afternoon time during the week, this varies from semester to semester. Please come to the office on second floor of Edwards-Holman Science Center, EHS 206.
- Equipment Loaning pick-up and drop-off:
- Mondays from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 10:30 to 12:30 p.m.
There will be a slight cost for consummable items.
If equipment is lost or damaged upon return, the borrower must reimburse George Fox for replacement costs. Items must be returned in the same or better condition as when they were checked out. George Fox reserves the right to charge for time spent cleaning, organizing, or repairing returned items if needed.
If you are looking for equipment that is not on our list, please feel free to contact us. We may be able to purchase some items or offer a suitable replacement.