Master of Divinity, Portland
At a Glance:
Master of Divinity
|Average Completion Time||4 years
|Cost per credit||$448* (financial aid available)|
|Accreditation||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities;
Association of Theological Schools
|Location||Portland Center (near Tigard), with online and local format options
|Application Deadlines||Rolling application deadline; apply now for next start date|
*All stated financial information is subject to change.
The Master of Divinity is a professional ministry degree that prepares students to serve as senior and lead pastors. Graduates serve in a variety of churches, parachurch organizations, and innovative ministry settings including church planting, chaplaincy, and missional ministries.
- 84 credit-hour professional degree
- Offers specializations through customizable courses
- Prepares student for ordination and service
- Balance of courses from each discipline
- Foundational degree for military or hospital chaplaincy
- Internship required
Local Learning Community
The Local Learning Community (LLC) is primarily a classroom environment that offers students the freedom to take the number of credits that fit their life circumstances. In addition to the traditional classroom environment, a few courses are offered online or in a hybrid format.
- Interact with Christian Scripture, history, and theology; to interpret the truths critically; and to express them faithfully.
- Experience an ever-deepening sense of the reality of Christ through spiritual formation.
- Understand themselves and relate to others as created in God's image and called into community.
- Engage in the just transformation of societies through personal and social holiness motivated by love.
- Lead the church under the lordship of Jesus Christ in its mission and ministries.
- Be equipped practically to preach, teach, exercise pastoral care, equip, and lead in the local church.