Become a Student
We are glad you are considering becoming a student at George Fox Evangelical Seminary. We are passionate about the academic and spiritual growth of our students. Our faculty of pastors, church planters, and missional leaders, bring a deep sense of pastoral care to their classes and interactions with students. Students are enriched by this environment, which seeks to fuse academic excellence, spiritual transformation, and practical ministry.
We look forward to talking with you more about George Fox Evangelical Seminary and your place here. To begin the process of becoming a student, we invite you to browse this website, discover why you should study in Portland, request information, e-mail Sheila Bartlett, our admissions gal, or if you are in the Pacific Northwest, set up a time to come visit. Prospective students are always welcome to sit in on a class and meet current students.
Applications for admission can be submitted either online or on paper. (Download Master's programs .pdf application and academic, pastoral, and personal reference forms.) We encourage you to apply online to expedite processing.
Ready to apply?
Once you begin the application process, we will notify you occasionally about the status of your application file. However, please feel free to contact your admission counselor if you have questions at any time during this process.
When your file is complete, the admission committee will review your file, and then invite qualified applicants to a phone, personal, or group interview.
Acceptance into Program
Following the interview, the committee will notify applicants of its decision to admit, deny, or defer admittance into your program of choice. Once you are accepted, we hope you will make the choice to become a student. Note: the admission process is confidential, and George Fox Evangelical Seminary reserves the right to not communicate its reasons for refusing to admit an applicant.
Before your file can be reviewed by the admissions committee, it must contain:
- Application fee.
- Three recommendations as indicated on the application using the forms provided.
- An official transcript from each college, university, or seminary attended. (If a baccalaureate program is in progress, a final transcript indicating receipt of the degree must be furnished before the applicant may matriculate.)
- Completed Applicant Admission Statement, provided with the application.
- June 1st for FALL (August) admission consideration
- November 1st for SPRING (January) admission consideration
- April 1st for SUMMER (May) admission consideration
We use a rolling application process. You are welcome to apply now for a starting date next year.