Doctor of Education Admission Requirements
- Evidence of an approved, regionally accredited bachelor's and master’s degree in education or related field, with a GPA of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- Evidence of at least three years of relevant professional experience
- Completed Application File (details below)
Important Dates and Application Deadlines
- Spring Application Deadline: March 15, 2016*
- Spring Interview Day: April 16, 2016
- 2016 Cohort Start Date: June 27, 2016 (online)
- 2016 Newberg Residency Dates: July 5 - July 15, 2016
* Applications may be reviewed after the deadline on a space-available basis. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
How to Apply
To complete your application and be eligible for file review, please submit the following (All application items can be sent electronically to email@example.com):
- Online Application:
Complete the EdD online application. A $40 non-refundable fee is required to apply.
Note: Applications can be saved to be completed at a later time. Login early to send reference forms and view the essay prompts.
- Required Forms:
Submit completed and signed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts:
Submit an official transcript from every regionally accredited college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts should be mailed to the address below:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, OR 97223
- Academic Writing Sample:
Submit evidence of academic writing. This may be a portion of a master’s thesis, graduate-level research paper, or scholarly publication. If you did not write a thesis or research paper for your master’s program, please contact the admissions counselor for directions.
International Students: Additional requirements for International Students
Once Your Application is Complete
All application items must be submitted by the application deadline. The Doctor of Education faculty will then review all completed files and selected applicants will be invited to an on-campus interview.
- If accepted, a $200 non-refundable enrollment deposit is required. More information about the enrollment deposit is available online here.
- Financial Aid: Many of the students in our program receive federal Stafford Loans to help finance their education. Visit Student Financial Services for information about financial aid and cost to attend.
- Application materials become the property of George Fox University and cannot be returned to the student or transferred to another institution.
- Meeting minimum entrance requirements of a given program does not guarantee admission.
Upon approval by the department, transfer of up to 6 credit hours beyond the Master's degree is allowed toward the EdD program from accredited graduate schools. Students choosing the P-12 Administration Concentration who have previously completed an IAL/CAL may transfer in their credits/license as completion of their concentration and elective credits (18 credit hours). Students must have earned a grade of "B" or better for a course to be considered for transfer. All transfer courses must be post-masters from a regionally accredited institution. Transfer credit will be evaluated by the faculty upon admission to the program.
For more information about admission to the Doctor of Education program, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Counselor