Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
At a Glance:
Doctor of Education
|Average Completion Time||3 years|
|Cost per credit||$758* (financial aid available)|
|Accreditation||Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities;
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
|Location||Hybrid - Online and Newberg campus|
|Application Deadlines||Oct. 1 (spring EdD); March 1 (summer EdD)|
*All stated financial information is subject to change.
The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership at George Fox University prepares scholar practitioners for P-12 and higher education settings. Our mission is to develop leaders with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to inspire, educate, and serve others effectively for the common good.
This program is designed for students in the following settings:
- Teachers and school leaders
- School and district administrators
- Teacher education faculty in college and university settings
- College and university faculty
- Higher education leaders and administrators
The hybrid (online with residency component) format of our program is designed for students to continue full-time employment while pursuing their doctorate.
Core Curriculum Outcomes
Core courses in the EdD are designed to equip learners with knowledge and skills foundational to their discipline. Successful candidates will demonstrate the following outcomes:
- Reflect critically and ethically on matters of equity and social justice in educational settings
- Collaborate to solve educational problems and implement strategic actions that reflect justice for all students and stakeholders
- Apply research-based skills to improve educational practice and student outcomes
- Provide strategic leadership in educational settings
- Analyze and apply research-based learning solutions that support schools and educational settings toward improved practice and student outcomes
George Fox Reputation
Forbes ranks George Fox among the top Christian colleges in the country. George Fox is also ranked as a top-tier regional university by U.S. News & World Report.
Alumni of the EdD program are currently employed in eight countries and more than a dozen states. They are working in a variety of roles, including:
- Teachers and school leaders: elementary school teacher, elementary school counselor, middle school teacher, high school teacher
- Administrators and district leaders: elementary school principal, high school assistant principal, executive director of special programs, diversity coordinator, district curriculum coordinator, district superintendent
- Higher education faculty, leaders, and administrators: assistant professor, associate professor, community college instructor, head of teacher education, dean, provost, university president
Be Known by our Exceptional Faculty
Get to know your faculty before you begin your doctoral degree.
We understand the importance of learning from expert educators. As a Doctor of Education student you will learn under the guidance and support of PhD-level educators who are committed to your success.
The Doctor of Education faculty are known for developing and training award-winning, nationally recognized educational leaders. Their academic credentials, decades of collective teaching and administrative experience, and commitment to students have earned George Fox University a national reputation for teaching excellence.