Master of education and licensure programs
George Fox offers online, evening and summer classes designed to fulfill the professional development needs of educators in PreK-12 and higher education. Programs include the master of education, endorsements and teaching license renewal.
Specializations and Endorsements
Master of Education students choose from seven areas of specialization:
- Curriculum and instruction
- Educational leadership
- Higher education
- Secondary education
George Fox is one of just six institutions in Oregon with national accreditation of its education programs.
Oregon Administrative Licensure Preparation Program
We offer two Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission-approved programs (transferrable to Washington and other states):
- Initial Administrator License (can be earned through MEd educational leadership specialization)
- Continuing Administrator License
An Oregon Initial I Teaching License can be renewed with three semester credits of coursework in graduate education that is germane to your license or directly germane to public school employment and completed through a regionally accredited institution and verified on an official transcript.
Oregon Initial II Teaching License Renewal
An Oregon Initial II Teaching License can be renewed with completed Professional Development Units (PDUs). At George Fox, students may earn PDUs through college coursework. One semester of college credit equals 30 PDUs. Completion of six semester credits of graduate level coursework in education is necessary to qualify for an Oregon Initial II Teaching License.
- Online courses fall and spring semester as well as on-site courses
- Evening and Saturday courses at the Portland Center, Salem site and in area schools
during the school year; a flexible summer schedule in Newberg, Ore.
- Cutting-edge curriculum that incorporates innovative classroom techniques and
- Guidance and support from PhD-level educators
- A respected degree from a university ranked by Forbes as one of the top 10 Christian colleges
in the nation
Looking for more education programs?
Want to become a licensed teacher? Check out our master of arts in teaching program that prepares PreK-12 teachers for public and private schools.
Need a bachelor’s degree in elementary education?
George Fox offers an evening degree-completion program for adults who want to earn a bachelor’s degree in elementary education.