Online Forms

The links on this page allow students to print forms that need to be filled out and submitted to Student Financial Services. To view and print many of the forms, students will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. The documents or links available on this page are:

Financial Aid Forms

A. Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Students must file the FAFSA form to be considered for federal, state and some institutional financial aid.  It will be available beginning October 1st for the next year. The FAFSA form will determine what a student's family's minimum expected family contribution (EFC) will be.  The EFC will be used to award need based financial aid such as grants, loans and student employment.  The FAFSA form can be accessed at  Students will need an FSA ID and password to sign for their FAFSA.  One can be obtained at

Once the FAFSA is complete the student will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) and a report will be sent to George Fox as well if one is requested to be sent.  The school code for George Fox is 003194

Students should contact their financial aid counselor if they have any questions concerning the FAFSA form.


B. Verification Worksheets

Each year the U.S. Department of Education randomly selects approximately 30 percent of those who complete the FAFSA for a process called Verification. This does not mean the selected students did anything wrong; it is just a means of ensuring that the FAFSA was filled out properly. George Fox University also selects some students for verification that have not been federally selected.

When students apply for federal student aid, answers to certain questions will determine whether they are considered dependent on their parent(s) or independent. If considered dependent on their parent(s), students must report the parent(s) income and assets as well as their own. If considered independent, students must report only their own income and assets (and those of their spouse, if married).

Students are classified as dependent or independent because federal student aid programs are based on the idea that students (and their parent(s) or spouse, if applicable) have the primary responsibility for paying for their postsecondary education. Students who have access to parental support (dependent students) should not receive need-based federal funds at the expense of students who do not have such access (independent students).

Students are considered independent if at least one of the following applies:

  • student was born before Jan. 1, 1994 (17-18 AY)
  • student is married
  • student is enrolled in a graduate or professional educational program (beyond a bachelor's degree)
  • student has legal dependents other than a spouse (that the student provides more than half of the support between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018)
  • at any time since the student turned age 13, both of their parents were deceased, the student was in foster care or was a dependent or ward of the court
  • student is or was an emancipated minor as determined by a court in their state of legal residence
  • student is or was in legal guardianship as determined by a court in their state of legal residence
  • at any time on or after July 1, 2016, the student's high school or school district homeless liaison determined that they were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless
  • at any time on or after July 1, 2016, the director of an emergency shelter or transitional housing program funded by the US Dept of Housing and Urban Development determined that the student was an unaccompanied youth who was homeless
  • at any time on or after July 1, 2016, the director of an runaway or homeless youth basic center or transitional living program determined that the student was an unaccompanied youth who was homeless or was self-supporting and at risk of being homeless.
  • student is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces ("veteran" includes a student who attended a U.S. military academy who was released under a condition other than dishonorable) or is currently on active duty for purposes other than training. If the student claims to be an independent student, they may be asked to submit proof before they can receive any federal student aid

2017-2018 Forms

2016-2017 Forms


C. Release of Information

Must be completed by the student. 


G. Special Circumstance Form

If the student's family has experienced highly unusual events that have had an impact upon their financial situation, they may request a Special Circumstances form. A committee will review the information and make a decision. Unusual circumstances include loss of employment or unexpected medical bills. More common circumstances such as paying for dental braces are not considered unusual in nature.  Interested persons should see or call their financial aid counselor regarding their special circumstances situation and to request a Special Circumstances form.