IDEA Center: Partnering with Parents . . .
Family is an important part of each person's career journey. We are glad you are here to check out the opportunities and resources available to you as a parent of a George Fox student. If your student/s is asking questions about deciding on a major, finding internships, looking for employment, wanting to attend graduate school, or finding God's will and purpose for their lives, send them to the IDEA Center. We can help!
Encourage your students to:
- Create a LinkedIn profile to connect with your professional contacts.
- Take part in career events, such as career/internship fairs, network and connection events, and career development workshops.
- Find jobs, internships, and on-campus jobs through BruinCareers, found on MyGFU.
- Come into our office for a “Career Conversation”, a time to talk with a career and academic planning coach about whatever you want. They can schedule an appointment by calling us, or come by during our drop in hours (listed on our home page).
Be an active IDEA Center parent by:
- Joining a group of Parent Professionals in the After Hours Networking Event on Family Weekend.
- Do you work for an employer who would hire a George Fox student or graduate? Send them to the IDEA Center to post internship and job listings on BruinCareers.
- Participating as a professional in career events such as Professional Preview Day and the Professional Etiquette Dinner.
- Joining our LinkedIn group called George Fox University Parent Professionals.
- Joining the Parent Council Career Committee, a committee that assists with getting information to other parents and students, offering ideas and consultation, and working on action items which enhance our vision and operations. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contacting Parent Relations to learn more about resources for parents.
- Parent resource: The Unemployed Grad
Internship B&B Program
Host a George Fox student during their internship in your city.
As a Fox Alum, you are a fabulous source for current students.
Here are few ways you can give back to the George Fox community:
- Post jobs, internships, or volunteer opportunities for students in BruinCareers!
- Participate in Career Services' events throughout the year as a guest speaker or volunteer! Email Us.
- Sponsor an IDEA Center Program and get additional marketing and publicity opportunities! Email Us.
- Recruit or Employ students for new positons! Learn More.