Assistant Professor of Finance
Office Location: Hoover 115
Office Hours: By appointment.
Professor Zhang joins the College of Business faculty after completing his PhD in Finance at Washington State University. He teaches in the undergraduate, MBA, and DBA programs. His teaching interests include financial management, corporate finance, investments, financial modeling, and financial derivatives. In his leisure time, he enjoys playing tennis, soccer and badminton.
Professor Zhang teaches:
- Business Finance
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Analysis and Strategy
- Corporate Finance (MBA)
- Investments (MBA)
- Conceptual Foundations of Finance (DBA)
- PhD in Finance, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- MS in Physics, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- MS in Optics, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China
- BS in Optical Engineering, Changchun University of Science and Technology, Changchun, China
- Asset Pricing
- Mutual Fund Performance
- International Finance
- Behavioral Finance
- Volunteer for Newberg School District (Book fair, Crater Carnival, End of Year BBQ and other events)
- “Time-Varying Performance of International Mutual Funds,” with Harry J. Turtle, Journal of Empirical Finance, Vol. 19, No. 3, June 2012, pp. 334-348.
- “Structural Breaks and Portfolio Performance in Global Equity Markets,” with Harry J. Turtle, Quantitative Finance, Forthcoming, 2014.
- “Incorporating Powerful Excel Tools into Finance Teaching,” Journal of Financial Education, Forthcoming, 2014.
- Presentation, Financial Education Association (FEA) 2014 Annual Conference.
- Presentation, 2013 Financial Management Association (FMA) Annual Meeting
- Presentation, Financial Education Association (FEA) 2012 Annual Conference
- Presentation, George Fox University Faculty Research Forum, 2012
- Presentation, 2010 Financial Management Association (FMA) Annual Meeting