Special Student - Adults 62 Program
Any person 62 years of age or older may be eligible to enroll in traditional undergraduate courses at the discretion of the University.
- Undergraduate Courses:
- Fall & Spring Terms: $50/credit
- May Term and Summer Online Sessions: Regular traditional undergraduate per credit tuition applies, which is 50% of full traditional undergraduate tuition in fall and spring. See Student Financial Services page for the specific per/credit prices.
- Students must pay all applicable special course and lab fees.
What do I need to know?
- Adults 62 Special Students are not eligible to participate in institutional financial aid programs.
- All traditional undergraduate courses are eligible, at the discretion of the University, unless limited by space, equipment, or essential background.
- Adults 62 Special Students are limited to 12 credits per fall or spring semester.
- Adults 62 Special Students are limited to one class in May term in the summer semester.
- Adults 62 Special Students are limited to three classes in the Summer Online sessions during summer semester.
- All department of professional studies courses and graduate program courses are excluded.
- Regular admission is required to enter a degree/certificate program and special student enrollment does not guarantee subsequent admission to any degree/certificate program. At the point of admission to a degree/certificate program, students will be required to pay the regular tuition rate.
- A maximum of 10 hours taken as a special student through the Adults 62 Special Student Program may transfer to a degree program.
- Search the Class Schedule to find a listing of available courses.
- Browse the Catalog for course descriptions.
- Download an application.
- Submit the application to the registrar's office prior to registration.
- On the first day of class, the student should contact the registrar's office to determine if space is available for the course. If space is not available, the application form and payment will be returned. If the space is available, the student will be admitted to the class and charged course and lab fees if applicable.