Special Student - Alumni Audit
Course Auditing for Alumni
Alumni who have graduated from George Fox University have the opportunity to audit undergraduate or graduate courses at a special rate. This program provides graduated George Fox alumni the opportunity to investigate courses on a limited basis and to continue lifelong learning at their alma mater. The program excludes courses offered in the cohort model, and a limited number of other courses. Alumni enrollment is on a space-available basis, and is at the discretion of the University.
- Auditing Undergraduate Courses:
- Auditing Graduate Courses:
- Alumni pay $50/credit for fall, spring, or summer
- Alumni Audit Special Students must pay all applicable special course and lab fees.
- All registered students must complete Vehicle Registration through MyGFU, even if a vehicle will not be used on campus. For students who will be parking on campus, a $40 parking permit will be issued. Please contact Security Services for more information.
What do I need to know?
- A special student registration form must be completed each semester you intend to enroll. This form is due in the Registrar's Office before or during the first week of the add/drop period. List the class you would like to take, including the course section (example, ECON 201 C Principles of Microeconomics).
- Enrollment is on a space-available basis only. Your registration will typically be processed on the first day of the semester.
- Some courses may require department chair/program director permission to enroll.
- Enrollment is at the discretion of the University.
- Excluded are courses in programs using the cohort model, and a limited number of other courses.
- Courses in the following programs do not allow special student registration: Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.), Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- Graduates currently enrolled in another program at George Fox University are not eligible to use the alumni audit benefit.
- Search the Class Schedule to find a listing of available courses.
- Browse the Catalog for course descriptions.
- Download an application
- Some courses require permission from the department. If you are considering auditing a course, please contact the Registrar's Office. The Registrar's Office will contact the department for you once your application has been received.
- Submit the application to the Registrar's Office prior to registration.
- On the first day of class, the student should contact the Registrar's Office to determine if space is available for the course. If the space is available, the student will be admitted to the class and charged course and lab fees if applicable.