Special Student - Alumni Audit
Course Auditing for Alumni
Alumni who have graduated from George Fox University have the opportunity to audit undergraduate or graduate courses at a special rate. This program provides graduated George Fox alumni the opportunity to investigate courses on a limited basis and to continue lifelong learning at their alma mater. The program excludes courses offered in the cohort model, and a limited number of other courses. Alumni enrollment is limited to one class per semester, is on a space-available basis, and is at the discretion of the University.
- Auditing Undergraduate Courses:
- Fall or Spring semesters: Alumni pay $50/credit
- May term and Summer Online sessions: Alumni pay 50% of traditional undergraduate per credit tuition which is 50% of the full traditional undergraduate tuition in fall and spring. See the Student Financial Services page for the specific per/credit prices.
- Auditing Graduate Courses:
- Alumni pay $50/credit for fall, spring, or summer
- Alumni Audit Special Students must pay all applicable special course and lab fees.
What do I need to know?
- A special student registration form must be completed each semester you intend to enroll. This form is due in the Registrar's Office before or during the first week of the add/drop period. List the class you would like to take, including the course section (example, ECON 201 C Principles of Microeconomics).
- Enrollment is limited to one class per semester and is on a space-available basis only. Your registration will typically be processed on the first day of the semester.
- Some courses may require department chair/program director permission to enroll.
- Enrollment is at the discretion of the University.
- Excluded are courses in programs using the cohort model, and a limited number of other courses.
- Courses in the following programs do not allow special student registration: Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.), Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership (M.A.O.L.), Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- Graduates currently enrolled in another program at George Fox University are not eligible to use the alumni audit benefit.
- Search the Class Schedule to find a listing of available courses.
- Browse the Catalog for course descriptions.
- Complete an online application form or download an application
- Some graduate courses require permission from the department. If you are considering auditing a graduate course, please contact the registrar's office. The registrar's office will contact the department for you once your application has been received.
- Submit the application to the registrar's office prior to registration.
- On the first day of class, the student should contact the registrar's office to determine if space is available for the course. If space is not available, the application form and payment will be returned. If the space is available, the student will be admitted to the class and charged course and lab fees if applicable.