Parking at George Fox University can be a challenge. There is limited space available in most lots and front door parking is rare. We hope the information below will help you to avoid confusion, frustration, and a parking violation.
- All employees and students operating a motor vehicle on university property must register the vehicle with Security Services. It is widely believed that one can park anywhere after 5 p.m. without a permit. This is not true and many have incurred fines because of it. Security Services issues citations throughout the academic year and unregistered vehicles may be ticketed.
- Permits are sold for a specific side of campus and specific lots. If you are unsure of where you may park, please contact Security Services.
- All lots have signage indicating the type of permit allowed. It is very important to read and understand the signs.
- If you lend your vehicle, you will still be held responsible for any tickets issued to it.
- If you need to drive another vehicle to campus please remember to get a temporary permit for that vehicle. They are available 24/7 from the on-duty officer at the Security office and are of no cost to you.
- If your vehicle becomes disabled on campus and you are unable to move it, contact Security Services immediately to avoid receiving a citation. We identify tickets by permit number. If you do not have a permit displayed, we will identify it by license plate number. When this happens, often the ticket is identified to a parent, but we assume the student is operating the vehicle and we will bill you.
We urge you to read our on-line rules and regulations brochure and become familiar with parking. Once you purchase a parking permit, you are responsible for knowing the rules and regulations.
Security Services is not responsible for parking information you receive from anyone but us.
If you have questions about parking, please do not ask your roommate, your professor, or your friend whose sister went to George Fox back in the 90s. Please ask Security Services. Our extension is 2090 on campus phones or (503)554-2090.