At a Glance:
Doctor of Business Administration
|Average Completion Time||3 years (course work), plus 1 year (dissertation work)|
|Cost per credit||$844* (financial aid available)|
|Accreditation||Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP)|
|Location||Online/hybrid format; two on-site sessions in Newberg, Ore., per year|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 (early application deadline: Nov. 1)|
*All stated financial information is subject to change.
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
DBA Admission Requirements
- Full-time faculty appointment or five years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from regionally accredited colleges or universities (minimum GPA of 3.0).
- Evidence of completion of undergraduate or graduate level courses in Accounting, Economics and Finance.
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Coursework begins once each year in April. Early application is encouraged since class size is limited. The application cycle for 2016 is CLOSED. Applications for 2017 will be available July 1.
- Early Notification Deadline: November 1*
- Final Application Deadline: February 1*
* Applications may be reviewed after the priority application date on a space-available basis. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
How to Apply
To complete your application and be eligible for file review, please submit the following (all application items can be mailed or sent electronically to email@example.com):
- Online Application:
Complete the Online Application. Please note, a $40 application fee is required upon submission. The online application includes the following:
- General Contact and Demographic Information
- Academic and Professional Background Information
- Resume or CV
- 3 Reference forms
- 3 Short Answer Essay Questions
- Official Test Scores - Peregrine, GMAT, or GRE:
Submit official test scores from the testing facility. If you have not already taken the GMAT or GRE, we recommend the Peregrine. For more information about the Peregrine Test, please click here.
- Academic Writing Sample
Submit a sample of academic writing from prior course work which demonstrates your ability to gather, synthesize, organize and evaluate research (often a copy of your Master’s Thesis or a research essay written during grad school). Please contact your admissions counselor for directions if you have questions about what should be submitted.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts:
Request an official transcript from each college or university where you completed even a single college credit. Transcripts should be sent to the address below:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223
International Students: Additional requirements for International Students applying to the DBA include:
- Transcript Evaluations for any degrees earned outside the U.S.
- Non-native English speakers must submit a TOEFL score of 80 (Internet based) or IELTS 6.5
- Declaration of Finance and supporting financial documentation
For more information regarding these requirements, visit our International Admissions website, online here.
Once Your Application is Complete
All application items must be submitted by the application deadline. The Admissions Committee will then review all completed files and selected applicants will be invited to interview with our faculty either on-campus or via conference call.
For more information about admission to the Doctor of Business Administration, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Counselor