At a Glance:
Doctor of Business Administration
|Average Completion Time||3 years (course work), plus 1 year (dissertation work)|
|Cost per credit||$798* (financial aid available)|
|Accreditation||Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP)|
|Location||Online/hybrid format; two on-site sessions in Newberg, Ore., per year|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 (early application deadline: Nov. 1)|
*All stated financial information is subject to change.
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
DBA Admission Requirements
- Full-time faculty appointment or five years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from regionally accredited colleges or universities (minimum GPA of 3.0).
- Evidence of completion of undergraduate or graduate level courses in Accounting, Economics and Finance.
How to Apply
To complete your application and be eligible for file review, please submit the following:
- Online Application:
- Complete the Doctor of Business Administration application online here. You may also choose to download and submit a paper application.
- Application Fee:
- A $100 non-refundable fee is required to apply.
- Personal Statement:
- This short essay should describe your vision for the future as a result of completing this degree (not to exceed three pages).
- Submit a current professional résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official (Unopened) Transcripts:
- Request an official transcript from each college or university where you completed even a single college credit. Transcripts should be sent to the address below:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 S.W. 68th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97223
- GMAT, GRE or Peregrine Test Scores:
- Submit official test scores from the testing facility. For more information on the Peregrine, please click here.
- Academic Writing Sample:
- Submit a sample of academic writing from prior course work which demonstrates your ability to gather, synthesize, organize and evaluate research (often a copy of your Master’s Thesis). Please contact your admissions counselor for directions if it is not possible for you to submit a master’s thesis.
- Three Reference Forms:
- Two professional and one personal reference required. Electronic form available for download online here.
International Students: Additional requirements for International Students are online here.
Note: Non-native English speakers must submit a TOEFL score of 550 or higher (90 or higher for internet-based).
All application items can be mailed, or sent electronically to: email@example.com. Early application is encouraged since class size is limited.
- Early Application Deadline: November 1*
- Final Application Deadline: February 1*
- 2014 applications are now closed. All applications will be for the summer 2015 cohort.
* Applications may be reviewed after the priority application date on a space-available basis. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
Once Your Application is Complete
All application items must be submitted by the application deadline. The Admissions Committee will then review all completed files and selected applicants will be invited to an on-campus interview. 2014 Interview Dates are TBD.
Coursework begins in April. Students will come to campus twice a year for their cohort residencies in May/June and August.
For more information about admission to the Doctor of Business Administration, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Counselor