George Fox University confers these undergraduate degrees: bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, and bachelor of science in athletic training, and bachelor of social work.
A student wishing to receive a bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, bachelor of science in athletic training, or a bachelor of social work degree must meet the following requirements:
- Accumulate at least 126 semester hours with a minimum cumulative and major GPA of 2.0 (engineering and music education majors must complete additional requirements but may graduate within the 126-hour minimum should program requirements be waived, such as through sufficient SAT scores). The GPA is computed on work taken at George Fox University only;
- Accumulate at least 42 upper-division semester hours (courses numbered 300 or above)
- Complete the general education requirements
- Complete a major in a chosen area with no grade below a C-
- Complete at least 30 semester hours in residency (20 hours must be in senior year; 20 of the last 30 hours must be completed at George Fox University)
- Complete at least 10 hours of one's major in residency
- File an Application for Degree form not later than completion of 93 semester hours toward graduation (normally two semesters before expected graduation)
- Pay in full all accounts at Student Financial Services
In order to participate in commencement and baccalaureate ceremonies, a student must have completed all degree requirements. Exceptions include a student registered for a post-commencement May Term course that is part of the degree program, and a fourth-year engineering student eligible for the BS degree in applied science whose first year in a cooperating engineering school may not be completed at the time of the George Fox University commencement.
A student wishing to receive a second or concurrent degree must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours for the "second" degree above the minimum 126 hours required for the "first" degree
- Meet the general education and major requirements for each degree
- Be in attendance the last two semesters, or 30 hours, preceding the awarding of the "second" degree
- Pay an additional $20 graduation fee if participating in one ceremony; otherwise, pay an additional $50 graduation fee for the "second" degree
The above requirements also apply to students who earned their first bachelor's degree at another institution. For these students no general education is required unless the major has specific general education requirements which must be satisfied. Transfer credit will only be awarded for major requirements of the second degree and limited so as not to reduce the minimum requirements above.