Professional Administrative License (ProAL)
TSPC requires documentation of at least three years of successful licensed administrative experience at the half-time level (.5 FTE) or above, in public schools or regionally accredited private schools, education service districts, state-operated or federal schools, or any private schools registered by the Oregon Department of Education. This must be done prior to making application to TSPC the Continuing Administrator License.
The George Fox Professional Administrative License program (ProAL), formerly the Continuing Administrative License (CAL) program, emphasizes the TSPC standards for demonstrating district-level competency in the following content knowledge, skills and dispositions:
- Visionary leadership. Candidate develops, articulates, implements, and stewards a vision by promoting community involvement.
- Instructional improvement. Candidate promotes a positive culture and provides effective instructional programs using best practice to design comprehensive professional growth plans.
- Effective management. Candidate manages the organization, operations, and resources of the school or district.
- Inclusive practice. Candidate collaborates with families, responds to interests/needs, and mobilizes community resources.
- Ethical leadership. Candidate acts fairly, ethically and with integrity.
- Socio-political context. Candidate understands, influences and responds to the larger context.
- Practicum experience. The practicum provides significant opportunities for candidates to synthesize and apply the knowledge and practice and develop the skills identified in Standards 1-6 through: 1) substantial, 2) sustained, 3) standards-based work, 4) in real settings, 5) planned and guided cooperatively by the institution and school district personnel, 6) for graduate credit.
This 18-hour professional administrative licensure program is designed to match experienced practitioner mentors with experienced administrator candidates. This course work can be embedded within a doctoral program or may be taken as a licensure-only program.
Classes can be taken in face-to-face or online formats as scheduled. The program director will facilitate a self-assessment of current skills, at the building and district level, to enable the candidate to demonstrate and document the following advanced competencies as listed in OAR 584-017-0261.
Core Courses (15 hrs)
Managing Organizational Resources (3 hrs)
Program Evaluation for Org. Success (3 hrs)
School District Leadership (3 hrs)
Administration of Specialized Programs (3 hrs)
Superintendency for the 21st Century (3 hrs)
Practica (3 hrs)
Continuing Administrator Practicum I (2 hrs, fall semester)
Practicum II (1 hr, spring semester)
The university supervisor and site mentor will meet to verify the candidate's demonstration and documentation of the knowledge, skills and competencies listed in OAR 584-017-0261.
Each candidate will begin to assemble a professional portfolio at the start of Practicum I, and will add to that portfolio throughout their practicum, ending with Practicum II. The candidate's completed portfolio must document satisfactory performance in the standards listed in OAR 584-017-0280.
George Fox offers administrative license programs in Newberg, Redmond and Salem, Oregon in conjunction with online classes.