To create a culture of awesomeness where employees feel energized,
engaged and empowered
to achieve the George Fox mission.





employee recognition

Do you wish to recognize a coworker for their contribution to our institution?

Share your thoughts HERE

The office of Employee Empowerment provides employee relations, benefit consultation, conflict resolution, payroll services, training, hiring guidelines and tools, and much more. To find out more about our services, review the menu bar to the left on this screen.



Electronic Timekeeping is Live 

  • What change is being made?

    All employees will be required to report time through the George Fox Timekeeping System.

  • When will this change go into effect?

    September 1, 2018

  • Why is this change being made?

    Keeping accurate records of time worked and time off greatly benefits both George Fox University as well as it’s employees.  Accurate time records enable efficiency, accuracy and compliance with employee pay and benefits and department budgeting.

  • How much time off do I receive?

    4.5 Paid Time Off - George Fox Employee Handbook

  • What constitutes the use of sick hours?

    Report sick hours on any day you are scheduled to work and are unable to due to a qualifying event.

  • I don’t work a traditional schedule, how do I know how many hours to report as sick time?

    Report sick time for any scheduled commitments missed due to qualifying event.  

    Scenario: An employee is home with a sinus infection.  They are able to work remotely, for example grading papers or data entry. Would this time be considered sick time?

    No.  George Fox University allows employees to work from home if possible and approved by a supervisor.  See policy.

  • What is a qualifying event?

    Sick leave may be used for one’s own illness or for the illness of a dependent child, spouse, parent, or parent-in-law who requires care or as otherwise required by law. It may also be used for doctor or dentist appointments for the employee or a dependent child or to accompany a spouse, parent, or parent-in-law to a doctor appointment if the person’s medical condition makes assistance necessary. Sick leave may also be used under the federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA), or both to care for a family member listed above or an adult child if a serious health condition exists. (More information about FMLA/ OFLA leave is provided in Section 4.6, Other Time Off.) Sick leave may be used either in full-day increments or in hourly increments. Sick leave used for routine, scheduled doctor or dentist appointments or foreseeable medical procedures should be arranged in advance with the employee’s supervisor.

  • How do I access the system?

    Log in to MyGFU and locate "Timekeeping" in the staff resources section.

  • How do I use the system?

Campus Security
George Fox University is concerned about the security of its campus community. In compliance with the Clery Act, we provide our crime statistics and security policies on our Security Services Web page to current students and employees as well as prospective students and employees of the university.

We have moved!

The Office of Employee Empowerment has moved to the first floor of the West Offices, on the corner of Meridian and Sheridan streets.

Our Physical Address:
215 North Meridian Street, Suite 101
Newberg, OR 97132

Campus Map

Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mon - Fri
Phone: 503-554-2180
Fax: 503-554-2186
Email: ee@georgefox.edu