Marriage & Family Therapy Licensure in Oregon

Graduates with a Master's in Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling are eligible for dual licensure as Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) in the State of Oregon. Graduates apply to become Professional Counselor-Interns (LPC Intern) and/or MFT interns with the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists (OBLPCT). Requirements for accrual of supervised hours, criminal records background check/fingerprinting, and national exam toward the LPC and/or LMFT can be found on


Graduates with a Master's in Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling are also eligible for dual licensure in the State of Washington. To apply to become a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (LMFTA) in Washington, see the application packet on Washington State's Department of Health website.

Other States

The Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling Master's degrees are CACREP accredited, which aids in the licensing process in most states. Verification of your program content and/or internship hours during your Master's degree for licensing in other states may be scanned and emailed to or mailed to:

Administrative Assistant
Graduate School of Counseling
George Fox University
12753 SW 68th Ave, #P510
Portland, OR 97223

Students are advised to keep copies of all course syllabi for course verification with out-of-state licensing boards.

Official transcripts are available to order at and unofficial transcripts are available to download through the graduate's MyGFU account at


If you still have questions related to counseling licensure, please email us at