Tuition Remission & Tuition Exchange

Tuition Remission

Happy graduate posing for a photo with a family member

George Fox offers incredible undergraduate and graduate tuition benefits to eligible employees and their spouse, as well as an undergraduate and tuition exchange program for dependent children.


The primary purpose of the university’s tuition remission benefit is to assist regular, eligible employees in meeting the educational costs of college for themselves or their immediate family members. Primary consideration is given to obtaining a bachelor’s degree, although a more limited benefit is available for graduate programs as well.


To learn about the program’s policy, visit this Tuition Remission section of the Employee Handbook.

Application Steps

Full-Time Students

Undergraduates taking 12 or more credits; graduate students taking eight or more credits

  1. Complete the Tuition Remission Enrollment Form – Full-Time Students (2024-25) during the tuition remission open enrollment period (Oct. 1-31). The form will be available soon. Note: You must reapply for this benefit each year.
  2. Employees newly hired, with a change in family status, or wishing to request an exemption may apply outside of the open enrollment period using this Full-Time Student Tuition Remission Exception Request Form.
  3. If approved, the employee will receive an approval notification

Part-Time Students

Undergraduates taking fewer than 12 credits; graduate students taking fewer than eight credits

  1. Apply for Part-Time Students tuition remission at least 120 days prior to the start of a semester the student wishes to enroll (you may complete the form for multiple semesters at a time if you wish).
  2. If approved, the employee will receive an approval notification at least 90 days prior to the start of the semester the student wishes to enroll.

Tuition Exchange

Where the tuition remission program is a benefit pertaining to enrollment at George Fox, the tuition exchange program provides employees the opportunity to apply, on behalf of their undergraduate dependent child, for tuition benefits at other higher education institutions.

The opening of the application period for tuition exchange will be announced every fall by the Office of Academic Affairs for awards available the next academic year. More information is available by contacting the academic affairs office at