Publications and Presentations
Our internationally recognized faculty has published books, articles, and reviews in prestigious forums. They are frequent speakers at academic conferences, churches, and universities around the world...
- Paul N. Anderson, Riddles of the Fourth Gospel: An Introduction to John (Fortress Press, 2011)
- Corwynn Beals, Levinas and the Wisdom of Love: The Question of Invisibility (Baylor University Press, 2007)
- Anderson Campbell, Father Factor: American Christian Men on Fatherhood and Faith (editor; White Cloud Press, 2014).
- Brian R. Doak, Consider Leviathan: Narratives of Nature and the Self in Job (Fortress Press, 2014)
- Sarita Gallagher, "In the Times of Elijah and Elisha: The Universal Mission of God in the Narratives of the Sidonian Widow and Naaman the Aramean," International Journal of Pentecostal Missiology 2 (2014)
- Jeannine M. Graham, Representation and Substitution in the Atonement Theologies of Dorothee Sölle, John Macquarrie, and Karl Barth (Peter Lang, 2005)
- Mark McLeod-Harrison, Repairing Eden: Humility, Mysticism, and the Existential Problem of Religious Diversity (McGill-Queens University Press, 2007)
- Roger J. Newell, The Feeling Intellect: Reading the Bible with C.S. Lewis (Wipf & Stock, 2010)
- Steve Sherwood and Brian R. Doak, The Bible: Ancient Context and Ongoing Community (Kendall Hunt, 2014)
- Phil Smith and Mark McLeod-Harrison, Being at Home in the World: A New Christian Apologetic (Wipf & Stock, 2011)
- Phil Smith, Why Faith is a Virtue (Cascade, 2014)
Friends Association of Higher Education
June 18-21, 2015
Hosted on the GFU Newberg Campus
Addressing the Johannine Riddles—A New Introduction
by Paul Anderson
The riddles of the Fourth Gospel are among the most notable—and notorious—of the leading perplexities of biblical studies. Theologically, tensions abound at every turn and regarding nearly every subject...Having just written a book on the subject, I appreciate the invitation to say a thing or two about how I tried to address the riddles of the Fourth Gospel within what I hope is a serviceable introduction to John—for students and scholars alike...
Read more on BibleInterp.com
Find out what the professors are passionate about.
Brian Doak - FoxTalks Session ll
Sarita Gallagher - FoxTalks Session Vll