Publications and Presentations
Our internationally recognized faculty has published books, articles, and reviews in prestigious forums. They are frequent speakers at academic conferences, churches, and universities around the world...
- Paul N. Anderson, Riddles of the Fourth Gospel: An Introduction to John (Fortress Press, 2011)
- Corey Beals, Levinas and the Wisdom of Love: The Question of Invisibility (Baylor University Press, 2007)
- Brian R. Doak, The Last of the Rephaim: Conquest and Cataclysm in the Heroic Ages of Ancient Israel (Harvard University Press, 2012)
- Jeannine M. Graham, Representation and Substitution in the Atonement Theologies of Dorothee Sölle, John Macquarrie, and Karl Barth (Peter Lang, 2005)
- Mark McLeod-Harrison, Repairing Eden: Humility, Mysticism, and the Existential Problem of Religious Diversity (McGill-Queens University Press, 2007)
- Roger J. Newell, The Feeling Intellect: Reading the Bible with C.S. Lewis (Wipf & Stock, 2010)
- Steve Sherwood, Embraced: Prodigals at the Cross (Wipf & Stock, 2010)
- Phil Smith and Mark McLeod-Harrison, Being at Home in the World: A New Christian Apologetic (Wipf & Stock, 2011)
- Phil Smith, The Virtue of Civility in the Practice of Politics (University Press of America, 2002)
Addressing the Johannine Riddles—A New Introduction
by Paul Anderson
The riddles of the Fourth Gospel are among the most notable—and notorious—of the leading perplexities of biblical studies. Theologically, tensions abound at every turn and regarding nearly every subject...Having just written a book on the subject, I appreciate the invitation to say a thing or two about how I tried to address the riddles of the Fourth Gospel within what I hope is a serviceable introduction to John—for students and scholars alike...
Find out what the professors are passionate about.
Brian Doak - "Monsters"
Sarita Gallagher - "God's Blessing"