For those who have aspirations of creating and operating their own business, George Fox offers a bachelor’s degree in entrepreneurship that provides the requisite business skills while also focusing on the business idea and the innovative thinking behind that idea.
As an entrepreneurship major, you will develop a business model concept and present that model to various potential sources of funding. You will also be encouraged to complete an internship with an entrepreneurial venture and will be exposed to entrepreneurial activities in Oregon and the West Coast.
The entrepreneurship major covers topics that include new venture feasibility, business development, marketing research, operations financing and entrepreneurial decision-making.
Our graduates are prepared for professional careers or for graduate training in business or other areas. They have gone on to earn their MBAs, start their own companies, and become successful executives in all sectors of business.
Request more information about the entrepreneurship major at George Fox University or schedule a visit to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
- Campus Virtual Tour
- Campus Life
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact Us
- Prospective Students
Entrepreneurs spark the engine of the economy, with 85 percent of all people working for companies with fewer than 250 employees. This means most students will work in an entrepreneurial firm. An entrepreneurship degree will help students develop skills to work as an innovator in a division for larger companies or become confident independent entrepreneurs. The skills learned help students understand the unique needs of a smaller, more dynamic organization and the needs of innovation teams in every size business.
- Creative Director, Nike
- Finance Manager, Microsoft
- Staff Accountant, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Professor of Economics, Olivet Nazarene University
- Manager, Chase Bank
- Website Manager, Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
- Product Line Manager, ISI, Inc.
- Social Media Content Manager, Nike
- VP, Credit Administration, Bank of the Cascades
- Program Operations Manager, AECOM (Libya)
- Owner, Dutch Brothers Coffee Franchise
- Peace Corps, Zambia
- Nike, Beaverton Ore.
- Vista Hills Winery, Dundee Ore.
- Dutch Brothers Coffee, Newberg, Ore.
- CUI Global, Tualatin, Ore.
- Freebird Digital Media, Oregon City, Ore.
- Royal Ridge Retreat Center, Yacolt, Wash.
- Symposium Coffee, Sherwood, Ore.
- University of Illinois
- Oregon State University
- Northern Illinois University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Paris School of Business
- City University London
- The Ohio State University
- Syracuse University
- Colorado State University
- Texas Tech University
- San Diego State University
“Studying entrepreneurship has provided me with a holistic mindset when addressing business development. You're not just studying one piece but rather the whole approach, which in the work force is necessary because it provides insight into not only the big picture but also how different factors tie into the scope of the business. ... Overall, choosing to study entrepreneurship has provided me with a confidence to take risks. Whether it be professional or personal, I am not afraid to step out and fail my way to success.”
- Lindsay Rule (’14)
Points of Distinction
- A focus on innovation and design
- Classes that follow the business incubator process
- Students are prepared to work within a company or as a business owner
- An internship with an entrepreneur is encouraged
Why George Fox?
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
Nearly half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 60 out of 1,800 American colleges!
Our 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio means you'll get to know your professors on a personal level.
George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.