- Complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 grade point average
- Complete at least 18 semester hours in psychology. Recommended coursework may include the following:
- Introductory Psychology
- Psychological Statistics or Research Methods
- Personality Theory
- Human Development
- Abnormal Psychology
- Psychological Tests and Measurements
- Social Psychology
Start Dates and Application Deadlines
Coursework begins once each year in August. The 2017 Application Cycle is now closed. 2018 applications will open June 1, 2017.
- Early Notification Deadline: November 15, 2017
- Final Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
- 2017 Interview Days: February 2018
How to Apply
To complete your application and be eligible for file review, please submit the following by the application deadline:
- Apply Online
- Create an account with a username and password and complete the Doctor of Psychology application online. Submitting the online application will require a $40 nonrefundable application fee. The online application includes the following:
- General contact and demographic information
- Academic and professional background information
- Resume or CV
- Four reference form requests (2 academic, 1 clinical, 1 pastoral)
- Six short-answer essay questions
- Prerequisite GPA calculator
Start Your Application
- Submit GRE Test Scores
- Submit official results from the GRE General Test. More information on the GRE general test is available at gre.org. The GRE Code for the George Fox PsyD Department is 4325-2001.
- Submit Official (Unopened) Transcripts
- Order official transcripts from every college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts should be sent to:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 SW 68th Ave.
Portland, OR 97223
- International Students
- Additional requirements for International Students applying to the PsyD include:
- Transcript Evaluations for any credits or degrees earned outside the U.S.
- Non-native English speakers must submit a TOEFL score of 80 (Internet based) or IELTS 6.5
- Declaration of Finance and supporting financial documentation
For more information regarding these requirements, visit our International Admissions website, online here.
Once Your Application is Complete
All application items must be submitted by the application deadline. The Admissions Committee will then review all completed files and selected applicants will be invited to an on-campus interview. Historically, Interview Days are scheduled in February. Following interviews, APA requires that we notify all students regarding their final admissions decision by April 1st.
- If accepted, a $200 enrollment deposit is required.
- Financial Aid: Many of the students in our program receive federal Stafford Loans to help finance their education. Contact us for additional financial resources that may be available to you.
- Application materials become the property of George Fox University and cannot be returned to the student nor transferred to another institution.
- Meeting minimum entrance requirements of a given program does not guarantee admission.
- Admission may be granted to applicants who do not meet all admission requirements at the minimal level if other indicators suggest probable success in the program.
- Most students admitted to the PsyD program describe themselves as Christians and all agree to abide by the community lifestyle expectations during enrollment in the program. See our lifestyle statement for more info.
For questions about the admission process, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Counselor