A bachelor’s degree in management from George Fox University will help you develop the management and leadership principles you will need to be an effective leader in today’s business world.
As a management major, you will take 60 semester hours in courses that include entrepreneurship, leading and managing people, international management, operations management and organizational behavior. You will also have the opportunity to prove your management skills by creating and running a business during your senior year.
Our graduates are prepared for professional careers or for graduate training in business or other areas. They have gone on to earn their MBAs, start their own companies and become successful executives in all sectors of business.
Request more information about the management major at George Fox University or schedule a visit to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Campus Virtual Tour
- Campus Life
- Prospective Students
- Visit Campus
- Contact Us
- Important Dates
While career paths in the field of management can vary greatly, most are projected to grow by 10 to 15 percent over the next 10 years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This growth will be fueled by many factors, including the wide variety of positions available to management majors, the expected retirement of many baby boomers currently in upper-management positions, and the opportunities presented by an ever-growing global marketplace.
- VP, Product Line Manager, Nike
- Finance Manager, Microsoft
- Store Manager, Sherwin Williams
- Manager, Chase Bank
- Account Representative, AT&T
- Manager, Columbia Sportswear
- Manager, Target
- Staff Accountant, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Account Executive, Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
- Marketing, Delap & Associates
- Account Executive, Tulsa Shock, WNBA
- University of Illinois
- Oregon State University
- Northern Illinois University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Paris School of Business
- City University London
- The Ohio State University
- Syracuse University
- Colorado State University
- Texas Tech University
- San Diego State University
- World Vision
- Wells Fargo
- Walla Walla Sweets (minor league baseball)
- SP Newsprint
- Bank of America
- Vista Hills Vineyard
- Newberg Chamber of Commerce
- American Family Insurance
“As a management major I learned how to relate concepts from classes to the real business world. I also really liked the idea of doing real business projects in my Senior Capstone course before graduation. George Fox has really helped prepare me for my future.”
- Bo Jin ('12)
“In one of my management classes, we were given a case study and asked to identify who had the potential to cause the most harm. The professor directed our attention to the person who knew what was happening was wrong but did not use their influence to correct the situation. Many universities can teach how to be a business professional, but few can also help shape people into being like Christ.”
- Hilary Sarjent ('12)
Points of Distinction
- Students will be presented with a curriculum that is firmly rooted in business ethics.
- An integrated business curriculum creates well-rounded graduates by exposing students to multiple business functional areas.
- Small, student-focused classes allow for personal attention from professors.
- A strong global business focus ensures a well-rounded education and gives graduates a competitive edge in the job market.
Why George Fox?
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
Nearly half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 60 out of 1,800 American colleges!
George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.
ACBSP is the premier accrediting association for business schools and programs with a focus on teaching excellence and what occurs in the classroom.