Additional Scholarships Available to Incoming Students
Artistic Achievement and Participation Awards
The George Fox University Artistic Achievement and Participation Awards are intended to recognize students who demonstrate outstanding talent and who intend to contribute to the George Fox University community through participation and involvement (but not necessarily as majors) in the following areas:
- Music (instrumental and vocal)
These awards are open to all new in-coming students. To be considered for an Artistic Achievement and Participation Award, students must:
- Start an application for admission by Jan. 15 (requires that the actual application be submitted, not all accompanying pieces). You can either apply online, via the Common Application, or you can download the application as a PDF. Application must be postmarked by Jan. 15
- Audition or meet portfolio submission deadlines as outlined by the department awarding the scholarship
For more information and to request an audition please contact the scholarship department representative for the award you're interested in.
- Debate - Abigail Rine, email@example.com
- Music* - Debbie Hawblitzel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-554-2620
- Theatre - Rhett Luedtke, email@example.com, 503-554-2632
Faculty in each academic department will select the Artistic Achievement and Participation Award recipients and the amount of each scholarship. Awards will vary between $1,000 and $1,500 dollars. Announcements of award winners will be made after March 1. All participants will be notified of their results by mail. Artistic Achievement and Participation Award recipients are expected to participate in and contribute to the activities on campus and must enroll at George Fox in order to receive the scholarship. The Artistic Achievement and Participation Award will be added to the financial aid award.
*Theatre Artistic Achievement Application