Additional Scholarships Available to Incoming Students
Artistic Achievement and Participation Awards
The George Fox University Artistic Achievement and Participation Awards are intended to recognize students who demonstrate outstanding talent and who intend to contribute to the George Fox University community through participation and involvement (but not necessarily as majors) in the following areas:
- Music (instrumental and vocal)
These awards are open to all new incoming students. To be considered for an Artistic Achievement and Participation Award, students must:
- Start an application for admission by Jan. 15 (requires that the actual application be submitted, not all accompanying pieces). You can apply online, via the Common Application, or you can download the application as a PDF. Application must be postmarked by Jan. 15
- Audition or meet portfolio submission deadlines as outlined by the department awarding the scholarship
Faculty in each academic department will select the Artistic Achievement and Participation Award recipients and the amount of each scholarship. Awards will vary between $1,000 and $1,500 dollars per year. Announcements of award winners will be made after March 1. All participants will be notified of their results by mail. Artistic Achievement and Participation Award recipients are expected to participate in and contribute to the activities on campus and must enroll at George Fox in order to receive the scholarship. The Artistic Achievement and Participation Award will be added to the financial aid award.
For more information please contact the scholarship department representative for the award you're interested in.
Donor Funded Scholarships
Incoming Freshmen are invited to apply for the following donor funded scholarships. To apply submit the Freshmen Donor Funded Scholarship Application by April, 15.
Ken & Joan Austin: To award an outstanding achievement, first year student attending George Fox, from Newberg, Yamhill County or home state of Oregon.
Marvin & LaVelle Priebe Barger Scholarship : To assist a first year freshman students at George Fox from Oregon or Washington.
Kristine Dicus Memorial Award: To assist first year freshman Protestant students at George Fox, whose major is music.
Minthorne Family Grant: To assist first year freshman students at George Fox who are children of Friends ministers or missionaries.
Nard and Sis McGrath Scholarship: To assist and encourage first year freshman at George Fox who graduated from Newberg H.S.
Arthur & Fern Roberts Scholarship: To assist and encourage first year Quaker freshman students to attend George Fox.
Dwight and Marie Macy Family Scholarship: To assist first year students attending George Fox, who graduated from Madras or Culver HS.
Juan Young Trust Scholarship
To provide money for college scholarships for Oregon residents that are descendants of Kienow’s employees.Requirements:
Lineal descendent of Kienow’s employee that was employed a minimum of 2 years of part or full time employment
Under 21 May 1 of the year the student plans to enroll in college
Resident of Oregon
Accepted in an Oregon college or university
Application Deadline: April 15
FIRST Robotics Scholarship
In support of the FIRST mission, George Fox University is offering a merit-based scholarship, in the amount of $2,500, to a high school senior who has participated on a FIRST team during high school. This scholarship may be utilized for any undergraduate course of study at George Fox University. The scholarship is renewable each year for up to a total of four years. The recipient must meet the regular academic requirements for admission to the university.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a senior in high school
- Have participated on a FIRST Robotics Competition team or a FIRST Tech Challenge team
- Apply, be admitted and enroll at George Fox University as a full-time student (you do not have to be admitted at the time of applying for the scholarship)
- Have a GPA of at least 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
Scholarship Application Package Content
To apply for the George Fox University FIRST Scholarship, complete the application package, including:
- A completed FIRST Scholarship Application
- A 500 word essay regarding how your FIRST experience has affected your career goals
- A letter of recommendation from one of your FIRST adult mentors
Submission of Scholarship Application
The completed FIRST Scholarship application package must be received no later than January 1, by